Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 1:28:47 PM EDT
Is $1100 out of line?
He hasn't opened the box to check for GI parts he wanted to sell it unopened. It's a friend who's selling it for his best friends estate. I'm not worried about the parts just the value.
TIA
M
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a smokin' deal!  Put the money down on that bad boy!  That's cheaper than you can buy a brand new for that will have less USGI parts in it...  If the guy will open it, check for USGI parts and if it has them (likely it will - SA still had the USGI parts prior to the ban) buy it on the spot...  

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank Spooky. I'm working on him to check the parts out but I'll more than likey do it myself.
M
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Since the new POST-bans sell for $1100 or thereabouts, jump on it.  SA no longer uses USGI barrels, and are running low on the rest of their GI stockpile, so you stand a much better chance of a well-put-together rifle with USGI parts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a 10 year old rifle so chances are good it will have usgi parts. my loadded model from 98,99 non gi-parts trigger housing, op-rod, gas lock and of course reciver and barrel (med ss). After 1k down range I  had fulton replace all the parts for usgi and bed a McMillian stock to it.

Side note just because its older dosent mean a lot of usgi parts there were times when the parts dried up and SA had to use more non gi parts. Only 2 parts i would replace on a SA rifle would be the extractor and bolt for USGI. Sa cast bolts are known to remove them selves during use.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, If you ever wanted a M1A, or even think you might like a M1A, this is your wake-up call.  Jump on it!  You can allways shoot it a few times and if it is not your cup of tea, sell it for what you paid and make someone else happy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]
That is a GREAT DEAL.  I recently paid 1300 for my NIB pre ban and was happy to give that.  NEVER assume that since its a pre ban it will be ALL USGI.  My first 2 M1A's were purchased in 84-85 and both had commercial barrels and bolts.  SA has been using mixed parts for years, sometimes you get lucky and get a complete USGI parts rifle, sometimes you dont.   Obviosly this has changed recently and you are lucky to get ANY USGI parts in a current M1A.

PS if you dont want it email me, i will even let you make $$ on me.  [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top