Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 2:40:17 PM EDT
Shot about 500 rds through it without many issues.  Sometimes the last shell doesn eject but comes out when I drop the mag. This doesnt bother me too much since it always occurs on the last shot and its cleared when I remove the mag. Its happened about 3 or 4 times now.  Also some of the brass are ejected forward onto the barrel and once to the left of the barrel but mostly to the right. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a problem? If so what should I do to fix it?

Also I have heard a lot about replacing USGI parts especially the bolt and op rod.  What should I change on the SA M1A and which brand should I get?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I clean and lub it well.  I took the scope off it and to my supprise it shot excellent. I zeroed it in at 50 yrds and got 1inch grps with M118 and M80s open sights.  Will try 100, 200 and 300 yrd opensights this week end.

What about springfield parts? What SA parts need replacement?

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top