Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:39 PM EDT
The top rim of some of the brass I've noticed is getting dented in pretty good after firing, maybe as much as .030".  Seems to be 10-15 out of 100 rounds or so.  I don't think this could be from hitting the ground, as one of them that was dented had landed on grass.  Any ideas what it could be from?

And by the way, it's AMAZING how many times you hear "Guy's got a Garand over there!!" when you're at a public range!  It seems I was letting people look at it and shoot it more than I was!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me.  I just didn't know if it was doing something wrong or not.

Time to punch more holes in paper!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
On a M1 Garand the brass will hit or bounce off of the operating rod, this is where the brass gets damaged.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta remember most semi autos are to some degree hard on brass. These weapons are not designed with the reloader in mind.. All brass from my Garand is dented but usable, just not as many times as from a bolt gun..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top