Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 6:35:39 AM EDT
I was just curious as to what people's experience was with the Greeks. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if it was Greek, but the guy who just won the Garand match this year with a 292 AND set the new high record, was using a rack grade. Sometimes you get lucky and get a jewel!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got a SG Greek from CMP about a month ago.  It's in fair condition, the wood is beat up badly.  The barrel is decent, shoots good.  Finish on the metal parts is very good, except the gas tube, which has no finish at all and is loose fitting, leaks a lot of gas.  I'll try to find a different one some day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a RG HRA Greek about a month ago.  The only thing NOT hra on it was the rear sight elevation pinion.  Wood and metal are in fantastic shape!  She shoots better than my SG HRA USGI!  Best $295 I've ever spent.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Guy I work with got a GK SG HRA.  If it weren't for the complete SA trigger group, it would have been a Collector Grade.  Actually, a brand new collector grade.  This rifle was brand spanking new, not reparked and rebuilt, brand new.  It had some storage dings on the stock and one very minor scratch on the receiver heel, but other than that it was a brand new rifle.  Shoots good too!  I offered to trade him two for one, but for some reason, he wouldn't do it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my SG SA M1 about a week ago. Love it to death. Excellent condition, a few dings on the handguard tho, probably from storage. Mine was made in Feb. of 1944

Ben
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Greek SG HRA and it's a mighty fine piece. I refurbished the stock, a fun project. She shoots fine. A lot of folks get the RG with the intent of shooting it for awhile and then having her professionally rebuilt.
You can't go wrong going the CMP route. There is a ton of good information on that web site also.
Go for it and enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top