Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 8:46:56 PM EDT
TOOK evil betty to the range after mounting a bypod i also mount a tsa scope mount and some optics. she was blipping off double taps every trigger pull,betty has a NM trigger group and i have owned other built m1a's that did the same thing when bypoded so no biggie but then i remooved the tsa mount and optics and the bump fire was gone ! my other m1a'a that did the bump fire where also scoped and bypoded.

maybe some torque from the mount caused it to bumpfire  ?

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you have the rifle pulled in tight to your shoulder?  Sometimes the recoil causes a bounce, especially off a bipod or bench, that causes doubling.  Also check trigger follow through.  HTH
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did you have the rifle pulled in tight to your shoulder?  Sometimes the recoil causes a bounce, especially off a bipod or bench, that causes doubling.  Also check trigger follow through.  HTH

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top