Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2004 7:31:25 PM EDT
I've put together an FAQ article on M14 scope mounts.  If you have any suggestions or tips please post a response here or IM me.  The article is freely accessible at www.imageseek.com/m1a
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Different, I was just looking for some of this info! I am reading your FAQ now.

So it looks like I have a first-gen ARMS#18, with the 2 small rails at each end.  I also have the QD throwlever base which I put the rings on, so I can quick change from the scope to irons.

Reading your FAQ, looks like I was lucky to have my mount fit up without any trouble. However, during the install, the piece that screws down over the chamber, there was some kind of snap ring that shot off into the sunset while I was trying to install it. I also had one hell of a time getting that piece do drop down and contact the receiver.

What tools are to be used when lowering this bushing type thing, and installing the snap ring?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the kind words, Bitchkill.  I have the instructions for the old style ARMS # 18.  Regarding the front rail pad it says, "Adjust the front Tension Button Bushing by inserting a jewelers screw driver or scribe in the notch in the top of the Bushing, and turning down until the Button contacts the front ring of the receiver."  Obviously, the little copper snap ring is not supposed to launch itself.  That's a teeny weeny snap ring.  I'd trot over to my local Ace Hardware store with the mount and snap ring and see if they can fix you up.  If not, contact www.armsmounts.com and ask them how to proceed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What tools are to be used when lowering this bushing type thing, and installing the snap ring?

I angled a small screwdriver in one of the slots and used a hammer to lightly tap the screwdriver so that it would turn the bushing.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Paul.  I've got an e-mail into the owner.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
My bushing does not want to move at all now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Bitchkill, call ARMS and see if they can help.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top