Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2004 1:04:14 PM EDT
Ok, this might sound strange but I'm looking for an operating rod that will work with an M14 barrel and gas system with has been fitted to a M1 Garand receiver.  Any ideas before I have to make one?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I'm an idiot, but why? Just for the hell of it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Canada and all semi-auto rifles exept the Garand are limited to 5rds. So the Garand action will allow me to have eight shots and rapid reloads not to mention that the enblocs are dirt cheap compaired to mags which are expensive up here. Also I have a Winchester Garand that needs a new stock and barrel and I've got an extra M14 barrel with gas system so you can see what is happening.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If your winchester is mostly original (stock,barrel,sights,gas cyllinder) it may be worth more money as it is to a collector some day if garands are eventally allowed to be imported into the U.S.  I hear garands are cheap up there because all the demand for them is down here in USA and it's illegal to import them.  Laws change over time and buying another garand would cheap and simple if it's legal to own another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top