Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2004 9:01:53 AM EDT
Well the tie-on cheekpiece piece thing is not working out as well as I hoped, but no real big conern.   Now its time to make the changes on the stock.  Are there any kits available as adjustable cheekpieces where the stock has to be modified a bit (drill two holes for crossbolts, etc.).  Something similar to this:  Picture borrowed from kingfish.

Not too worried about messing the stock up, as I may just replace it anyway.  Just thought this would be a quick project to undertake.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to BattleRifles.Com and seek out a guy named Rooster! He makes an adjustable cheeek pieces that attatches to your stock with ease. I think it is the only affordable option that works. The only other thing I would do is get a McMillian. But I think the Rooster is your best bet and it seems to work too!
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The Rooster kit is just what you need.
Rooster 33
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Email on the way to Rooster33, thanks gents!
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one on my DMR build and I love it.  It is a good alternative then to get a 500 dollar stock.

Max
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Rooster33 has sent the package.  Should be here by Friday.  I also got his Stainless Steel Op Rod Spring Guide.  I will let you know how it all turns out.  Thanks.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Recently recieved one of roosters op rod guides you will love it great machine work and he is a great guy to deal with
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Rooster33 makes some great parts for the M14s!!

I have his M14 & Rem 700 cheekrests on my rifles and they work great.I have used them on many a stock.

He also makes a stainless steel NM recoil spring guide rod, an M14 Tactical bolt release, and a Scout mount that clamps on the barrel by the Op Rod guide.

SKBY.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
hello all,
thanks for the good words. just wanted to pipe in here and see how everyone is doing. and I am glad you guys are happy with my products. I also have pics of the new products that are not on my website if anyone is interested or would like to post them here. the cheek rest has also been changed so it does not interfere with your hand on the grip.
I love the M1a and the AR as well, shoot them both as much as I can, we have some great service rifle competitions up this way. let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them ASAP. thanks,
rooster33
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well the tie-on cheekpiece piece thing is not working out as well as I hoped, but no real big conern.   Now its time to make the changes on the stock.  Are there any kits available as adjustable cheekpieces where the stock has to be modified a bit (drill two holes for crossbolts, etc.).  Something similar to this:  Picture borrowed from kingfish.
home.comcast.net/~katch01/pics/m14final-c.jpg
Not too worried about messing the stock up, as I may just replace it anyway.  Just thought this would be a quick project to undertake.

DAMN, THAT IS ONE PRETTY GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is that kingfishes gun???????????  Whew...that has to be one of the most beautiful M1A's I have ever seen!!!

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, that is mine.  I built lovingly by myself.  And yes, it is Rooster's cheekpiece.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#11]
any word on the stainless spring guide?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#12]
www.law483.com does customizing and painting of M14 USGI synthetic stocks.  He just did one for chiz45.  It turned out very nice.  It fits chiz45 perfectly.  I've met LAW483 in person.  He's a stand up guy.  I recommend him and do not receive any of his revenue.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks, that is mine.  I built lovingly by myself.  And yes, it is Rooster's cheekpiece.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!  I have about five or six M14 stocks laying around and I have been thinking of doing one in the OLD U.S. Navy dark blue ( the sort of grey-ish dark blue, if you get my drift )  M14 stocks are great to work on!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top