Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2003 9:40:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard Bush Rifle isn't much longer and available right now.  Black plastic painted stock has no merit and you can put a Scout Squad forward mount on this rifle easily.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Latest word is that the M1A SOCOM will be available in April, 2004.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't you be better served with that extra 2" of barrel?  Muzzle flash and loss of velocity should be a bitch with this gun, not to mention, what's the likelihood of the gas system having a harder time with the shorter barrel?  I'd just get a scout and have a shorter comp made for it, then maybe hack an inch off the stock - viola!  Identical length to the SOCOM!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh my.

Daddy likey.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That is cool.  Whether it serves a real purpose or not, I think I want one.

But how on earth would he activate the Surefire with that set up?   Looks like the sling blocks the SW-02 button...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That is cool.  Whether it serves a real purpose or not, I think I want one.

THIS is myyyy BOOM STICK!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

THIS is myyyy BOOM STICK!

Listen up all you primitive screwheads, Ash is the original die hard MF and he would definately approve of this rifle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Check it out in the new (current vaporware)  Sage stock:  www.westillcare.org/pdf/Sage_Flyer3.pdf

I gotta get me one of dem!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Check it out in the new (current vaporware)  Sage stock:  www.westillcare.org/pdf/Sage_Flyer3.pdf

Sage's copy of the design they stole from Troy Industries.

On a side note, where did Springfield get gramps to pose for that pic holding the M1A?
Do the right thing and buy from Troy
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sage's copy of the design they stole from Troy Industries.

On a side note, where did Springfield get gramps to pose for that pic holding the M1A?
Do the right thing and buy from Troy

What's the cost?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Troy wont even tell you unless you contact them directly.

I think its one of those "if you have to ask" deals....in other words, more than I have.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the guys over at Battlerifles got his in the other day.  I think that they are going for $2500 PLUS your pre-ban rifle.  Here's link to the thread:  www.battlerifles.com/viewtopic.php?t=23250

The Sage is veeerrrry similar, but note that the Troy has a different gas system.  Me likey, me likey very much!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#15]
My Smith Enterprise DC Vortex and Gas Lock Sight just arrived. I will have an elevation adjustable HK style front sight and a Vortex FS. I changed the rubber but plate out for a metal one. My scout will probably only be about an 1” to 1 1/2” longer than the new SA is.(it also cost less)
Here is a link to a picture of the new sight and a bunch of the FS.
www.battlerifles.com/viewtopic.php?t=21948&highlight=smith

The new SOCOM 16 does look sweet, but now I don't have to wait and I get to keep the extra 2" of barrel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmmmmm, I just read the SOPMOD review on Battlerifles. My friend and fellow boardmember, junkpicker, recieved his SOPMOD (version 2.0) last week, and had a Leupold 1.5-5 on it when I joined him at the range. He had already sighted it in before I arrived. I assume it must be him that Troy is talking about, as junkpicker also has a weakness for bumping Only 1 fellow AR15.com guy (me) was present. The gun was a marked improvement from the first "Crapmod, version 1.0" they sent him. I put 5 rounds in about an inch at 50 yards with the SOPMOD, which is about as good as you can do with the dot reticle. I do believe junkpicker will have a review of the SOPMOD forthcoming on this forum, so I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Best put your ears on when ya shoot that one.  Looks like SA has finally come up with a gun to compete with the AR 10 carbine on the "psycoticly loud" scale!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top