Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 9:28:37 AM EDT
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be getting enough money to buy a new scope mount for my M1A for XMAS and have narrowed it down to either the smith or ARMS now the question is which one should I go with?  I would really rather only hear from people with an opinion and backing for that opinion.  We've all read enough reply's to this question from Bubba who says I don't like the ______________ mount 'cuz it sucks.  Why does it suck is what I'm looking for.  So if you've had or have both I'd really like to hear from you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Smith Enterprise mount, it is well made, the thing I don't like about it is the attaching bolt has a cam type lever to it, this allows the mount when attached to the receiver to have some up & down movement in relation to the barrel, kind of like tipping back and forth, not sure why they make it this way but I had a heck of a time getting it adjusted properly.

The A.R.M.S. mount seems to be a simple two point attachment at the side of the receiver and at the stripper clip dovetail lock it down and done.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a cheap $50 mount and was not satisfied. After doing some research I decided to get an arms 18 mount. I don't think you could go wrong with either mount. The guys that have the arms will say its better. the guys who have the smith will say theirs are better. It's all a matter of preference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top