Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 1:36:15 PM EDT
I currently own a Scout, which only has a muzzle break on it.  It is still in the regular synthetic stock, which is great and all, but lacks the evilness that I so desire in a gun.  I also happen to have a USGI flash hider, which I'm guessing can be easily fitted to this rifle, to make it slightly more evil.  OR I can sell the FH and buy a stock with a pistol grip.  My other option is to sell the FH and buy two 20 round USGI mags.  

Which would you choose and why?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll bet your flash hider is just too evil to mount as it also contains the super-evil bayonet lug, so contact Smith Enterprise and get their new Vortex (Crane NSW Contract model) and fit it.  

You may need a standard M14 front sight once you switch to the Vortex, I did.

A pistol grip on the M14?  Yeah, I'm sure someone makes one, but there's little utility.  Flash supressor, however, has real utility.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the FH!  There is a pistol grip stock that the USMC uses on some scoped variation of the M14, but the Original stock makes the rifle purdy!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the basic look of the stock gun with the the factory brake, I don't care for the shinney finish of the stock.

Spray the stock with matte black aluma-hydeII and install a Aimpoint sight on the scout rail very cool looking set up.

That is evil....kind of!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I already got rid of the scout mount and purchased an ARMS #18 to go with my spare Leupold 3.5-10 M3.  Should be a pretty badass setup!  My idea for the pistol grip stock was that wood one that was USGI.  Its wood and can be pretty nice looking, once restored.

I'll probably keep the fh/bayo mount, since it might be mountable in a year, but yeah, I forgot about the additional feature on it.

Anyone find a decent adjustable cheek piece stock out there?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
New Vortex on top, faux vortex on bottom.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Chuck, where'd you get that "faux vortex" on the bottom of your pic?  How much?  Does it hide the flash as well as the Vortex types for the AR?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought the faux Vortex from someone on one of these forums who thought it was genuine.  Seemed strange that it didn't have a set screw hole to secure the muzzle nut, so I asked Ron Smith about it.  He wanted to see it and pronounced it as as fake.  It may be a collector's item some day.

I'll have to fire it sometime to see what it does.  I've had it drilled for the set screw since receiving it, so it'll stay on the muzzle!

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The bottom Vortex looks like the one offered by enterprise arms in the online catalog.
www.entreprise.com/
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Chuck and QuinlanV.  It does look like the Entreprise.

Their website has install instructions, and it says to use blue Loctite to secure the castle nut, so apparently there isn't any provision for a set screw.

I really like the look of that thing!  My have to get one for the folding-stock Bush.  Looks like it is a wee bit shorter than the GI style and much more evil-looking :) LOL!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Regarding the faux Vortex:  

Colonel,
This part is a --- "NO GO" as in not Smith Ent.
Ron [Smith]

Looks exactly line the one at the above link.  But, Hey!, it's used by Delta Force and I.D.F.!

Vortex

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top