Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 2:01:24 AM EDT
Hi,

I've been pricing up mounts for my M21 on Brownells & come up with these two possibilities:-

Smith; I've read good things about this mount on these boards but it is quite expensive.

Brownells/Smith=

Springfield Armory; Much cheaper than the Smith mount, but does it have any significant disadvantages?

Brownells/Springfield Armory=

What do you guys reckon? Should I spend the extra money on the Smith mount, or will the Springfield Armory one do the job just a well, with the added advantage of lower cost?

Thanks in advance.

John.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The Smith is the far better of the two in terms of quality, stability and consistancy of performance.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with the Smith Enterprise mount.  Buy quality and cry once.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy the Smith Enterprise Mount directly from Smith Enterprise and save enough $$$ to make it worth your while.

www.smithenterprise.com/buy/scopemounts.asp

The Smith Mount is head & shoulders above any other mount out there these days, IMHO.

The Springfield Armory mounts have a notorious reputation for becoming loose after the rifle has been fired some.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the help!he
Thanks also for the link sgtstinger. That's a fairly big saving over the Brownells price!h
Finally, on the face of it the Smith mount seems easy to fit, but is there anything I need to be aware of?? (e.g; problems that can crop up removing the charger guide or fitting the mount itself).

Thanks again.

John.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the Smith and it is rock solid.Remember when you compare these two it's like Cadillac versus Yugo.One thing to think about...
How many used Smith mounts do you see for sale?

How many used Springfield mounts do you see for sale?

There's a VERY good reason people are trying to get rid of their Springfield mounts
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the PRI mount,anybody?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top