Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2003 6:11:52 AM EDT
My Leatherwood ART II needed repair, so I contacted Pam Luth with Panther Arms, DPMS the only authorized Leatherwood ART II dealer/repair facility to see if I could send it in? That was June of 2002. Pam advised they had a year long backlog on scope repairs, and I would be placed on the repair list. Well okay, so I was placed on the list and waited.

August of this year, and no contact from anyone at DPMS, I called to see where I was on the list? I left three messages for Pam without any call back, before I finally succeded in catching her at the office one day. Pam advised me that they were not repairing the Leatherwood ART II scopes at that time, GRRRRR    
I reacquainted her with my issue, an internal O-ring had slipped loose, and dirt or grease spots were on the inside of the rear eyepiece, and that I had been on the 'repair list' for over a year. Basicly, I was told tough luck, I had a nice $750.00 paper weight....    

The scope wasn't disabled, but the o-ring was obscuring the reticle, and the dirt spots were distracting. So I constructed a tool to remove the retaining ring from the rear eyepiece, and corrected the problem in 10 minutes!  . Simple enough really, I bought a replacement O-ring from Lowes, cleaned the lenses, and reassembled the unit. Looks great, and funtions perfectly.

In case it isn't apparent, I WOULD NEVER do business with DPMS for anything, period. Pam is a co-owner of the business, her husband Randy Luth is the president. Neither Pam, or Randy would return my calls, or had any concern about repairing my scope once I was able to speak with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top