Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2003 12:48:44 PM EDT
What would be a good price range for a Springfield Armory preban M1A? Bought new in 93 or 94. GI parts (bolt, barrel, etc) with walnut and synthic stocks.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming it's a like new standard,$900 would be a good deal,$1000-$1200 average.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Price and value depends on state and location.
In the south they seem to be cheaper than up north.

$300-$400 under current gun shop price could be considered a good deal.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can find a preban Springfield M1A in very good to excellent condition for $ 1,200 or under,
you'd better snatch it up.

State and location have no bearing on value unless someone is just hard up for some quick sale cash.

I'm not sure where SHEPARD came up with his $300-$400 price (funny)...you cant find a decent POTBAN receiver for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm not sure where SHEPARD came up with his $300-$400 price (funny)...you cant find a decent POTBAN receiver for that kind of money.

Shepard meant that it woould be a good deal if you could find a pre-ban for $300-$400 LESS than you can find them going for in gun shops these days due to the asinine mark-up that most shop owners will try to gouge you for.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
You also should take note of which version of M1A, as there are several.  I would assume you are talking about standard. There are also a variety of match grade options.  I'll give you another example - I have a pre-ban with a decent synthetic stock, etc.  You might even notice the match sights, and assess a value there.  But, if you pull back the op-rod, you'll see a Krieger barrel marking.  The advice the other posters gave is quite right, from what I can see, but keep an eye on any small details of something you buy or are considering, as they can have a considerable effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top