Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 5:44:43 PM EDT
Every so often(30 or 40rnds) my M1A scout won't strip a new round from the mag. I have only noticed this problem with port ammo. The rifle has about 1000rnds through it and this problem has occurred since it was new. I thought perhaps it just needed to be broken in a little, but that does not seem to be the case. It appears that it is a short recoil problem. Anyone know a solution?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't use Port ammo.

I suppose you could measure the port rounds and compare them to others to see if there are differences, but all ammo doesn't work well in all guns.

I wouldn't use Port, or put up with the problem, may have been a bad batch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That Portuguese ammo is just so damn cheap. I don't mind all that much. Just thought I would see if it could be tweaked in some way to help.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
 Go over to battlerifles.com and look for a guy named tuefelhund ( or something like that ) he may have the answer to your questions...the dude is an M14 guru.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The Port is possibly the best surplus ammo that you can buy.

The problem is with your rifle or your mags.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Port is possibly the best surplus ammo that you can buy.

:: cough :: Australian!!!! :: cough ::
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Then I'll add my .02 worth..... I think that the new LC03 M80 ammo that the CMP has is the best.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put 100 rounds of the Santa Barbara 308 thru my M1A, no problems to report.  Sportsmans guide is selling it, good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top