Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 6:46:20 AM EDT
Serena is my SA M1A with black synthetic stock with an A.R.M.S. #18 mount, #22 rings and a Leupold VARI-X III 4.5-14x40mm scope.  Now, please don't leak this out, but I actually enjoyed Serena much more then Buffy(my M4gery) yesterday.  Just loading the mags felt like I was getting ready to handle an awesome implement of destruction( I was actually).  
I actually removed the scope also, just because I wanted to just let loose with the FMJ.  I put around 100 rounds of the Santa Barbara .308 surplus thru her and she loved it and asked for more.  That my not sound like alot, but the range I was at only allows 5 rounds max, so I had alot of loading time, plus I like doing the mag changes.
I then mounted the scope, gotta love the no loss of zero with the A.R.M.S. stuff.  I used some Federal match 168 BTHP and some IMI Sampson 168 match stuff.  The Federal was well, Federal, around MOA at 100 yards, could probably be better if I was, but the IMI opened up to about 1.5 give or take, more give then take probably and shot around an inch lower.  I'll let my friends shoot that and I'll use the better stuff, might win me a round at the bar.
Over all, I enjoyed using the iron sights more then the scope.  I thinks it's two things,  first the cheek weld is alittle awkward, especially on high power, secondly I just felt like blasting away, nothing wrong with that.
Anyway, thanks for letting me babble for awhile, good shooting all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you had a real good day at the range for sure.

I wouldn't worry about having so many girlfriends but as you know,they do get expensive .

I'm still looking for the love of my life (M14).If she comes along I'll love,honor and cherish her till death do us part.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top