Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:07:23 AM EDT

Anyone have any recommendations for a tactical sling for an M14/M1A?  Aside from the standard straight leather sling.

Thanks-
KOTB

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The standard M14 sling is the same one used with the M1 and later with the M16.  Cotton is better than nylon for most uses.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The cotton or preferably the nylon GI slings are hard to beat for all around use, plus they can be used almost as effectively as the leather sling when shooting in position.
If you desire chest carry, the quick release CQB sling available from Lightfighter (a sponsor here) is a good choice.

Raf-

The CQB sling is exactly the sling I was looking for, thank you for your help!

KOTB
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the green gi sling on my m14 cheaper than dirt has them for about 12 bucks new.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#5]
if you want one sweet piece of leather for it let me be the first to recommend les tam.  I ordered 2 slings from him and one sits on my m1a.  I believe his email was [email protected]
Just talking to the guy on the phone let me know I chose the right person to buy it from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top