Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 7:45:47 AM EDT
Does anybody have any experience with this powder in the M1 Garand?  More specifically shooting 168gr. SMK's.

I have sent an e-mail to Western Powder and have not gotten a reply after 5 days!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The biggest reason you haven't got a reply from Western is because they don't make TAC. Check the container for the manufacturers address or do an Internet search for Ramshot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this the link you got their email addy from?  http://www.ramshot.com/contact.htm  And did you email [email protected]?  If so, you contacted the right people.  Problem is, for some reason, they're not answering email.  I had to enquire about some data from them including what appeared to be unsafe .357 Sig data but never got an answer from them.

Also, directly quoted from their site:  "Ramshot is a registered trademark of Western Powders, Inc."  So yes, they are part of Western Powders, Inc.

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I e-mailed the address from the Ram Shot Powder web-site.  The one that said "For technical questions click here" sort of thing.

The data listed on their web-site seemed kind of hot for the M1, 168 gr. bullet at 2900 fps.
But they say that TAC is perfect for gas operated guns.  I am only trying to confirm data before I do something stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top