Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2003 11:37:02 AM EDT
Rumor has it thee will be a new version of the M1A with a 16" Brl.

Anyone seen any pics online yet?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, theres a guy on battlerifles.com that will convert your M1A for about 3Gs. Its pretty cool looking and all. But thats a bit much for me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
There are pre-production models from Springfield Armory that have been seen.  16" barrel with an ringed HK style front sight and a very short comp.  There is also a pistol grip model with an M4 style collapsing stock.

I WILL have one
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
ASDSAFASFSAHGFSAHGDHFBAS SGIUASGFSAJHFKASHF SKAFUS JSAJ HSAJFH JSHAFJKASHFJKAHWUJKAS WHAUFF N KAFJ HU JKASFH WFOIUAHS HWEHF!!!

Whatever that means

16" barrel? SWEETNESS! That should be finally an 8 lb. M1A! PISTOL GRIP and M4 Stock? Can someone post some pictures please?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
No sir, the Troy Ind. conversion is NOT whats coming out of the Springfield factory.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Pray show us what is, if you would be so kind as to do so.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont believe there are any photos available as of yet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Both Springfield Armory and Smith Enterprise have 16" barrel M14 type rifles in the works.  A BattleRifles.com member handled the Springfield Armory model at a Memphis match last month.  There were posts and a photo of the Smith Enteprise model in mid-September on BattleRifles.com and the Infantry forum.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is the photo of the Smith Enterprise 16" M14.

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a repost of the information on the Smith Enterprise 16" M14 as discussed on the Infantry forum.

I received this information from a request on the Infantry forum. You might find it of interest - and I quote:

"I displayed the Smith Enterprise Inc modernized M-14 at the Arms Tech LTD booth during the Infantry conference. The stir the weapon caused was nothing short of phenomenal. Soldiers, both young and old clearly embraced this system and some DCD folks were more than a little impressed by the weapon, which was built entirely by Ron Smith. Arms Tech LTD's connection to this weapon has to do with the special QD-30 (TD) Sound suppressor that fits on the new M14 "Direct Connect" (DC) Vortex flash eliminator. This is the same flash eliminator/interface technology employed in the Arms Tech & Smith Enterprise QD-223 suppressor being offered for SOPMOD II.

Features on the M-14 Modernized (we really haven't developed a formal name for it, as yet) include:

1. Proprietary 1:10 ROT medium heavy contour four groove barrel with M852 match chamber.
2. Extended Bolt Stop
3. Special construction proprietary two pound break trigger assembly -- that is entirely
safe!
4. "DC" Vortex Flash Eliminator.
5. Proprietary gas lock front sight (GLFS)
6. Special New Construction BUIS.
7. Arms Tech LTD QD-30 Sound and Flash Suppressor.
8. SE M-14 Picatinny Rail interface, NSN 5855-01-506-5750

Most of the above items will be made commercially available in the next few months.

There are several other proprietary aspects of the weapon that we cannot discuss in this forum.

Regards,
Rick Pimley"

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
One of those on a folder would be more fun than a naked blonde on the back of my Harley (well,almost).

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Are they going to sell a complete rifle or are you going to have to buy a reciever then have them build have to build the rifle for you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top