Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 11:38:53 AM EDT
Found a Plainfield or Plainview M-1 Carbine at the gun shop for $600.  Are these original production or remakes?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of those.  It is a plainfield.  I bought mine back in '77.  Wow.  They went up since then.  I paid $115.00 and thought that was high.  They are a great rifle for plinking and improving your marksmanship.  They are/were made as a new rifle.  As far as I know, they are not put together from military parts.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Generally considered among the better commercial copies, but that isn't saying much.  Should be a decent shooter but $600 seems awful high.  Careful shopping can turn up USGI for that price.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It did have a folding stock but it still seemed high to me too.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd think even cursory shopping would find plenty of USGI M1 Carbines for under $600.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Generally considered among the better commercial copies, but that isn't saying much.  Should be a decent shooter but $600 seems awful high.  Careful shopping can turn up USGI for that price.  

Actually, a road trip to Tulsa next weekend will turn up more USGI than you can shake a sling at for much cheaper.  Some will be collectable and run up around that price, but some will not, and will be shooters.  The shooters run around $350 or so at the Wannemacher show, which is held in April and October at the Tulsa Expo Center.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, a road trip to Tulsa next weekend will turn up more USGI than you can shake a sling at for much cheaper.  Some will be collectable and run up around that price, but some will not, and will be shooters.  The shooters run around $350 or so at the Wannemacher show, which is held in April and October at the Tulsa Expo Center.

Really?  Can't touch a decent USGI in Iowa for under $500 and usually more like $600.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, I've seen a few.  Now some of the bigger M1 Carbine vendors do get $600 or more for the really nice war production jobbies, and a lot of the ones you see for $350 are post-war Universals.  You do see some USGI Carbines for right at $350 with some shopping, though.  Even some post war guns with USGI parts are not too tough to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top