Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 2:56:21 PM EDT
What scope mount do you like the most. Had a SA generation 3 and couldn't get the bolt out with the mount on, didn't like that. Been looking at Smith and Arms mounts. Which one is lower? Any suggestions? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
let me be the firs to recommend the ARMS mount.  I owned 2 of them and they were built rock solid.  THe smith mount is also an extremely good mount but i have no experience with it.  You picked the 2 best mounts on the market so choosing between them is a tough call
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
A.R.M.S.

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS # 18 and Smith Enterprise scope mounts are quality units.  A few folks have had to Dremel a little on the under side of their new style ARMS # 18 mounts due to slightly different receiver geometries on some SA, Inc. M1A rifles.  The ARMS # 18 mount sits the lowest on the receiver.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
So does the ARMS block the iron sights?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So does the ARMS block the iron sights?

With the mount, your elevation will be limited.

With the mount

Witout the mount
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the suggestions, nice rifle too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The Smith mount serves me just fine.It is a clone of the Brookfield which is the standard by which all others are judged.Here it seems like it's in the favor of the ARMS,which is a very fine mount.At the premier M1A/M14 site www.battlerifles.com it's in favor of the Smith mount.Either will serve you fine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 3 ARMS #18 mounts.I love them all.

I don't have problems using the iron sights though.Rifle is sighted for 100 yards with plenty of room to see the sights.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top