Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2003 4:08:12 AM EDT
Has anyone tried one of the Vortec flash hiders from Smith Enterprises?  I was just wondering if it worked any better than GI.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
As has been stated on many occasions the Smith Enterprises, "Vortec" FS is the standard by which all other FS are measured.

Yes, it's better.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the nifty USGI (Crane NWS) contract Vortex on my shorty.  Open prongs have never been a major problem with these.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The Phantom works just as well, and is more rigid.  Just go with the Phantom, it'll keep your flash down extremely well, and you won't have to worry about busting it.

Then again, with the type of shooting we 'civilians' do, I'm sure a three prong FS would be completely adequate.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
DOH!  Didn't read the forum title.

Hey what's that over there, off to the left?

[/hokie steps back into the shadows]
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Smith Enterprise is selling the Vortex to the US military via Crane NWS.  The contract versions are U.S. marked.

This is how it looks on my shorty.  Kills all flash.

To get an idea how it compares to others this photo shows it compared to the standard M14 flash supressor and a copy of the earlier Smith Vortex.  The bottom one is a fake cobbled together from various parts.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top