Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 5:35:10 PM EDT
Springfield Armory M1A black synthetic stock, hooded rear sight national match, NM leather sling, 3 GI mags, 5 USA mags, original box, manuals, both sight protectors, Dewey cleaning rod, Creedmoor orange plastic bolt protector for cleaning, BTW never fired just a safe queen. Looking to trade with an FFL dealer and get some input as to value.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Pre or post-ban?  Does it have any GI parts?  Both of these would make it more desirable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Post ban, all original parts except for the NM hooded rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a suggestion.

Go to www.GunBroker.com and find one that looks like yours and price it accordingly.

You should keep in mind that a dealer can also buy the same rifle at a lower price (I'd say about $100.00-$200.00).

Prices on GunBroker would be closer to $100.00 difference because of competition to sell.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You buy at retail, but sell (trade-in) at wholesale.  I doubt you'll get $800 on a trade-in unless the dealer is wildly inflating the price of what you're buying.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Chuck I sorta get the feeling that I am a lamb on the way to slaughter.......
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
See what you can get for the rifle here before trading it.  This is a popular rifle.  You may want to sell the rifle with 1 magazine and keep out the other parts for separate sale.  Extra parts are often considered "fluff" (despite what you paid for 'em).

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Chuck, I am trading for a Norinco .223 preban for a future project, I got a couple of offers already....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top