Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 2:34:16 AM EDT
Have seen picture of new M14 Norinco. Is it a good rifle ? I have read bad & good report.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
That's because people have bad and good to say about them. Overall, they are good solid rifles. They do have some issues. If you want expert opinions check the comments at Smith Enterprises and Fulton Armory's sites.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy's from Belgium, the rifle you can buy is excellent for the price, they would be about $375 here but can't be bought in the US. The receiver is good, some experience problems with other parts. For the price you could buy the rifle, replace the parts with the most common problems and still come out at about half of what a new Springfield would cost.

Check out Battlerifles.com for some excellent info.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I own one of the current Norinco M305(M14) rifles.

For the price we get them for up here in Canada, they are a great rifle to plink with, or to use as a base to build on.Right now there is a company in the East of Canada selling them new for $399.99 Cdn, shipped in a hard case.

A lot of us up here are swapping out the factory parts for USGI parts.Norinco and another new company are the only ones with a Forged reciever.The recievers are excellent.The flash suppressors are already reamed to NM specs.The only thing that won't except USGI parts is the barrel.For some reason it is threaded metric.All other USGI parts just drop in.

So far I have done the following:

Installed a Springfield Armory USGI bolt, TRW trigger group, TRW Op Rod, Stainless Steel one piece NM op rod spring guide, a USGI fiberglass stock, and a Springfield Armory 3rd Gen. mount with a Tasco PDP-5 Red Dot sight.

I can build up a Norinco M14 to Super Match specs for less then the price of a bare bones Springfield M1A up here.(Bare bones M1A is around $1800.00 Cdn).

SKBY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top