Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 12:01:04 PM EDT
Gents,

I have always wanted some sort of cheek rest for my M1A.  I bought a tiger stripped stock from Crowboy a while back and loved it.  I then found a Israeli M14 Scope mount as well.  The problem I was having was obtaining the right cheek wield for my rifle.  I tried using the Blackhawk cheekrest, it worked but I really did not care for it.  

When I looked through this forum, I saw Skullboy's cheekrest and I had to try one.  35 dollars later I am very happy.

It mounted without a hitch.  Now just have to shoot it this Sunday.  It is well made and very sturdy and does not add that much weight.

I would love to have a 400 dollar stock but this one will do.

Max
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
maxell27,

Glad to hear you are happy with the check piece!!

I have to get a second one for my soon to be Woodlands pattern stock that I am doing.

Regards, SKBY.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
maxell27,
glad to help out. and I new you would be happy. glad I could help. send me a pic, if you got one. you got my address. thanks.
skullboy,
I should have the other batch ready next week, I got you down for one. thanks,
Laz
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So Somebody tell me about these cheek rests....who is selling them?  any pictures??
I've been looking for one...
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My biggest  complaint with the M14 platform is that it is unsuitable for optics.  A good cheekrest might change that.  I have tried the Fulton Armory one and no good for me.

Sooooooo - pics?

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Here you go guys.Rooster33 is the dude who makes them waaay up here in Canada.

Anyone wanting to see larger photos of the cheekpiece, you can E-Mail me at :

[email protected]

SKBY.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:23:24 AM EDT
[#6]
So...how do I get one??? what patterns are available?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
hello all,
love the M1A, and wanted to use a scope with it, but it was uncomfertable to shoot, so I came up with this inexpensive cheekrest, I do not have the deniros for a mcmillan, so I had to improvise. first it was just one for myself, then skullboy seen it and wanted one. then a bunch for the board members, and now for evryone who is interested.
if anyone is interested, lets get a list going, I have to buy a full sheet, it is a special order for the material and I have to buy a full sheet. the price is $40 plus $5 shipping. I sold these for $35 before but there was no profit. it is still a deal at $40.
it comes in black, and you can paint any pattern that you desire. myself I'm going to sweettalk skullboy to paint mine, he did an awsome job on his. thanks,
Laz
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Count me in....
and maybe skullboy can do a nice tigerstripe for me????
If you need payment up front or anything like that, just send me an E-Mail...
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
A buddy of mine and fellow board member here bought one of the "skullboy/rooster33" cheek pieces.  I think you'll be happy with it.  It is light but well made and sturdy.  My M1A rifles are not scoped otherwise I would get one.    
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
just finished moving, and now going on holidays. I'll make some more when I get back. thanks,
rooster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top