Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 9:54:10 PM EDT
I thought I would take a moment to just ramble on about my M14 M1A experience. I know there is a lot of discussion about quality control issues and SA's problems, but I have to say I am a happy man with the weapon I bought.

I have always loved the m1a. To me the weapon is the rifleman's rifle. The mark of a refined and dedicated shooter. Shortly after joining the Marine Corps I began shooting the m14 at competitions around to world. I loved the 7.62 and the m14 in general. I loved the way the weapon came to my shoulder and seemed to aim for me. I guess we just seemed to be made for each other. All in all I spent more time in the marines behind an m14 than I did the issued m16.

When I got out of the marines I seemed to spend more time trying to find something as good as the m14 without success. I finally did some trading and bought my first m1a. I couldn't be happier. I have enjoyed every round fired from it.

I am a police officer and have been using the rifle as a patrol rifle for a year now. Some of the guys think it is too big, but I say, "Hey, if it looks big to you then it looks bigger to the bad guy."

I know this may not be too interesting to some, but I really just wanted to post a bit of good news. BTW, I would love to hear some others tell about their positive experiences with their dream gun.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:12:25 AM EDT
[#1]
you should look at www.battlerifles.com, this is a good board for the M1A nut!!
Tell em SO2315 sent ya!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top