Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 10:12:41 AM EDT
I just found out that my Blackwater training is sufficient to fufill the match requirement. So now I am a member of a CMP affiliated club, and I have the proper match credentials. I can now buy a rifle.

What all do I need to complete the deal? I know I have to fill out the order form, but don't I have to send other stuff to the CMP?

Your help is appreciated...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Just found the application paperwork (duh...)

Now all I need is to find a notary. Thanks anyway...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Got my garand several years ago. A friend and I sent our apps in at the same time. I got a excellent International Harvester. The only part no spec was the trigger group. Later fixed when I bought a Springfield that had a IH group.
Now I have two spec rifles. The other person got the steal of the century (brand new Springfield).
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a suggestion. Make a whole bunch of copies of your signed application for when you go to get them notarized. That way you will always have one handy for when you want to get another CMP rifle ( and you will ).
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just a suggestion. Make a whole bunch of copies of your signed application for when you go to get them notarized. That way you will always have one handy for when you want to get another CMP rifle ( and you will ).

Good idea, but just to make it clear:

I asked around and what everyone told me is that for a rifle or receiver, the CMP only accepts the actual notarized document, not a photocopy of one.  So, copy it PRIOR to signing (or at least dating since the date should match the order) and notarizing.  That way when you buy the next one (grin) all you have to do is sign, date and have it notarized.

Better yet, if you have Adobe Acrobat, download the fillable PDF version and use your computer to fill in the form.  That way you can print as many as you need.   That's what I do.

BTW, for me the biggest pain was getting a copy of my birth certificate.  Sending away for it was easy, but it took almost six weeks to arrive.  That's three times longer than it took to get the rifle!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Birth Cirtificate? Doesn't my driver's license proove my citizenship? How about my Social Security card???
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]
any wet-back can come into the US and get a drivers license or Soc Sec card within a matter of months....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Your drivers license shows your residence; your social security card shows nothing.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Wonderful. So now I have to russle up a copy of my BC. Does this have to be a special notarized copy, or will a simple photocopy be sufficient?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Copy of BC should be fine.. that's what I sent, I did'nt have any problems
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Will a copy of your passport serve instead of a birth certificate?

Geoff
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a good question, I'm not really sure, Maybe E-mail the cmp, or call them and ask..
www.odcmp.com
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Copy of BC should be fine.. that's what I sent, I did'nt have any problems

Yes, this is correct.  Sorry, I should I specified that only Part D, the Certification Agreement, requires the actual notary seal.  An actual certified BC is a very dangerous thing to send out.

Quoted:
Will a copy of your passport serve instead of a birth certificate?

Yes, they accept a copy of a passport as proof of citizenship (and age if your DOB is on it).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top