Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 5:56:15 PM EDT
m1a gi collector and a standard m1a are they the same if not whats the better of the 2
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
{i}Collector M1A?  These are commercial firearms, not collectables.  No USGI M1As, although the best will have all M14 parts other than the M1A receiver.

Someone trying to sell you something?

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield has a collector grade M1A that they sell. It is the same as the standard grade M1A except it has an original wood M14 stock and sell for a few bucks less than the standard. Some folks think they have GI parts on them, all the ones I have seen do not, except the Barrel. Springfield uses few if any GI parts anymore.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Benfur; Ingore my post....thought you were talking about CMP M1's sorry... will delete it if I can
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks that is the answer i was looking for i just got a sa m1a brand nem for 1200    out the door.the stock has the notch in the stock when i went back they had the a standard no notch in stock for 1300 just wondering if their were any difference besides the stock and the price
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The stock with the notch is the M14 stock and a better stock than the commercial M1A stock in my opinion, assuming it's in good condition.  Is this stock wood or fiberglass?  The black painted fiberglass stocks chip easily.

You can get a number of stocks, plain and fancy, from Freds.  Some of the camouflage pattern versions have the selector hole filled.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my GI SA M1A brand new last September.

New commercial SA receiver.

HR barrel.

SA bolt.

SA op rod.

USGI birch stock.

I think it's an IHC trigger group (I've got a spare SA trigger group from the CMP in the safe).

Not sure about the gas cylinder though.

Looks to be mostly USGI to me.

Edited to add that I DO NOT have a USGI flash suppressor.

I've got one of those CA legal muzzle brakes. It works well but still pisses me off!

Stupid CA laws.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top