Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 5:28:35 PM EDT
I just ordered mine from Midway.On sale for $15.95 We can't find 'em any cheaper than this.

www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/541162
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks GreyGhost, just ordered two.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Heat + Wood = Bad

They are pretty though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Raf,No flame taken.It's my understandimg they went to plastic because the wood would get to hot under full auto.Since I can't shoot full auto I should be fine.Wood worked fine on the M1,its grandfather.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
My thinking exactly.  The wood just looks classic.  In the very unlikely event that the rifle would be used in a SHTF event, all of the wood would be coming off and be replaced with synthetics.  I'm more concerned with cracking due to thinness of construction than heat related problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top