Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2002 6:19:25 PM EDT
I sent my M1A back to Springfield to have a QD Stud installed, here are the results. Springfield paid for shipping both ways and this addition is covered under future warranties. My cost was $45.00, $15.00 for parts, $30.00 for labor

Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they did a really nice job. From the pics the stud almost looks like it's stainless.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it was well worth it.  I have a tiger stripped fiberglass stock.  They did the same thing and it has turned out real well.  It was a worthwhile investment.

Are you going to post a pic of your rifle?

max
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks like they did a really nice job. From the pics the stud almost looks like it's stainless.

I'm real happy with their work. The stud doesn't appear to be stainless, unless it is stainless covered by a flat black finish.

Are you going to post a pic of your rifle?

max

Here you go!

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice pics. Is that an ARMS mount? If so, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice pics. Is that an ARMS mount? If so, how do you like it?

Yes, A.R.M.S. #18, #19A (not ACOG) & #21 STANAG
I really like this mounting system, easy on, easy off, with a return to zero every time.

I have a similar mounting system on one of my Varminters

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]
what scope do you have on your m1a?  I have my arms 18 collecting dust in my safe and I think its time i get some optics for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what scope do you have on your m1a?  I have my arms 18 collecting dust in my safe and I think its time i get some optics for it.

Leupold 3.5-10x40 L/R M3
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leupold 3.5-10x40 L/R M3

How much does one of those ba boys run?  Did you get any of those upgraded reticles for it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leupold 3.5-10x40 L/R M3

How much does one of those ba boys run?  Did you get any of those upgraded reticles for it?

I paid $675.00 + tax for the scope. This one has no extra bells or whistles, with duplex cross hairs. Franksquid has the illuminated model on his M1A. I think he also has the mil dot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/members/albums/GI%5FBrat%2Fm1abpa%2Ejpg

www.ar15.com/members/albums/GI%5FBrat%2Fm1abpa2%2Ejpg

Ok, a silly question. What is that little hole for in front of the QD stud for? I just bought a new M1A and can't figure out what the hole is for.

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/members/albums/GI%5FBrat%2Fm1abpa%2Ejpg

www.ar15.com/members/albums/GI%5FBrat%2Fm1abpa2%2Ejpg

Ok, a silly question. What is that little hole for in front of the QD stud for? I just bought a new M1A and can't figure out what the hole is for.

Thanks,
John

I was wondering about that also and was told it is a "drainage hole"
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks,
John

I was wondering about that also and was told it is a "drainage hole"

That's what I was told as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top