Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 11:31:40 AM EDT
Only place I can find that lists them is brownells, but they are out of stock. The bushmaster website shop isn't working and when I called bushmaster (once I managed to convince the guy on the phone that they do indeed make a firearm called an ACR ) they told me that I can only order via the website that doesn't work. This sucks, any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Faxon was talking about doing some last year you may want to call them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Midway shows them in stock.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
PM bigdog200399. He's a BM dealer, and I got mine from him. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Everything ACR is on sale at Bushmaster, including barrels.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Buy 16" carbine gas Daniel Defense AR-15 barrel
2. Have your gunsmith cut and thread to 10.5" while he is cutting it for the op rod support.

That's basically it. The 16" carbine gas port on a DD barrel is pretty much spot-on for a 10.5" ACR's gas system and usually runs without any tuning.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are doing another run and hope to restock the website soon. Currently we are filling back orders.

Thanks for the patience.
View Quote
/2011
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Conqueror-

We sold out of the last 2 production runs ran since January and more production scheduled in the next 60 days. This part has been manufactured, sold and installed on end users ACR's with more on the way.

Did you need one or just stirring the pot?
View Quote
The more personal you take the criticisms, the less professional you look. Address the concerns directly, and forego the attitude, because long-time ACR owners have a right to be upset at Bushmaster. You guys left ACR owners high and dry, and ignored us for years. We asked for the Remington version; ignored. Barrels and caliber conversions; ignored. More furniture options; ignored. We have legitimate beef.

With that said, I'm glad you guys finally pulled your heads out of the sand and have started to support the platform you released a decade ago. Please tell your overlords to release the RemDef version -- It's the version we all want.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Tech forum or not. Please direct me to where it states this. Believe you, just haven't seen it. FWIW I agree with sdrake and I think his post appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The more personal you take the criticisms, the less professional you look. Address the concerns directly, and forego the attitude, because long-time ACR owners have a right to be upset at Bushmaster. You guys left ACR owners high and dry, and ignored us for years. We asked for the Remington version; ignored. Barrels and caliber conversions; ignored. More furniture options; ignored. We have legitimate beef.

With that said, I'm glad you guys finally pulled your heads out of the sand and have started to support the platform you released a decade ago. Please tell your overlords to release the RemDef version -- It's the version we all want.
View Quote
Speak for yourself; I don't want the Remington version. The metal receiver is butt ugly and I don't want to lose the folding stock. The proprietary handguard that mounts rail sections is years behind the times; we have M-lok now. The only thing I like from the Remington version was the barrel that was fluted and color-matched. If they do release the Remington version, they better still make the current version, too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Agreed on all counts Locutus, although you forgot about the Rem trunnion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to CJ's trunnion, my rifle weighs less than the Remington version.

I love the looks of the V2 handguard but it is outdated in its own way.  Mlok destroys it on weight and adaptability.   Keep in mind, I have a real Remington rail so I speak from experience.  

To keep the thread on track, the new 10.5" barrels are awesome.  I'm gonna use one on my work Machine Gun pretty soon.  As far as the prices, they are very fair compared to other piston rifle barrel sets.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I've shot the Remington ACR before, and the only RemDef ACR parts I personally wanted were the barrel and handguard. 

BM offers the barrels now, and RPM Precision offers an improved MLOK version of the RemDef handguard.

Overall, I'm currently satisfied with the state of the ACR with BM releasing barrels and aftermarket companies producing other accessories. However, I do think it would be smart of BM to get rid of the useless and heavy M4 profile barrel on the factory configuration. 
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think direct attach is outdated. If you don't like it, you can change it. The RemDef ACR lower's ability to switch grips is a huge plus. It had a lot of upgrades that the aftermarket tries to mimic, like the front trunnion and folding charging handle. Arguably, the folding stock is maybe the only thing they should have kept. Even then isn't it possible to swap stocks?

It seems like a great base rifle to start out with. I don't see the problem with Bushmaster/Remington releasing both versions. I never said we need to cease production of the current version.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Conqueror-

We sold out of the last 2 production runs ran since January and more production scheduled in the next 60 days. This part has been manufactured, sold and installed on end users ACR's with more on the way.

Did you need one or just stirring the pot?
View Quote
You want me to congratulate you on the sales or something?

How about the dozens of lies your company told about the availability of these and other parts for the better part of a decade?

You'll have to forgive me for "stirring the pot" but you fucked over your customers for years, so if you can't take a jab about it with a little good nature, then fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't understand why some prefer to bitch on the internet about old news versus just selling their ACR and moving on with their lives.

On topic... 10.5" barrels, in stock now, ships next business day... https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018746553/bushmaster-barrel-assembly-bushmaster-acr-556x45mm-1-in-7-twist-chrome-moly-melonite
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't understand why some prefer to bitch on the internet about old news versus just selling their ACR and moving on with their lives.

On topic... 10.5" barrels, in stock now, ships next business day... https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018746553/bushmaster-barrel-assembly-bushmaster-acr-556x45mm-1-in-7-twist-chrome-moly-melonite
View Quote
Bushmaster could use a swift nut kicking or two.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what?  It's 2017, get over what happened in 2010.  The Remington Defense leadership mostly responsible for the failed launch have been terminated from the company.

Bushmaster has a brand new website where you can ACR parts directly, Brownells and Midway have parts available, barrels in lengths from 10.5 to 18.5 are available, the PRS stock is available, they've teased an in-development AAC Squaredrop/Keymod handguard, there's an M-lok handguard coming, they have 3 new calibers allegedly in development with the first slated for potential retail in December, and the prices have come down to just about Magpul's original estimated launch price.

What more do you want from them?  What more do they owe you?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For what?  It's 2017, get over what happened in 2010.  The Remington Defense leadership mostly responsible for the failed launch have been terminated from the company.

Bushmaster has a brand new website where you can ACR parts directly, Brownells and Midway have parts available, barrels in lengths from 10.5 to 18.5 are available, the PRS stock is available, they've teased an in-development AAC Squaredrop/Keymod handguard, there's an M-lok handguard coming, they have 3 new calibers allegedly in development with the first slated for potential retail in December, and the prices have come down to just about Magpul's original estimated launch price.

What more do you want from them?  What more do they owe you?
View Quote
"Price have come down to just about Magpul's original estimated launch price", is laughable at best.  Prices have come down to Magpul's originally estimated MSRP.  The MSRP of the current lineup of ACR is still north of $2100.  Not to mention $600 barrels.  Taking 7 years to get somewhat on track isn't exactly inspiring.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"Price have come down to just about Magpul's original estimated launch price", is laughable at best.  Prices have come down to Magpul's originally estimated MSRP.  The MSRP of the current lineup of ACR is still north of $2100.  Not to mention $600 barrels.  Taking 7 years to get somewhat on track isn't exactly inspiring.
View Quote
Magpul never went as far as setting an MSRP. They said they wanted to design a rifle that would sell for around $1500 which is exactly what's happening. 

MSRP is meaningless in the firearms market. It's usually so far away from street price that it's not even worth mentioning. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
If anyone's paying $2,100 for any ACR besides the DMR, dealers are gouging big time. The regular versions of the ACR go for $1,300-1,700 nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Dealer cost is around 1650 depending on the distributor, street price is about 1400 for a good shape Acr.  I’ve snagged a couple for right under 1000 complete.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If anyone's paying $2,100 for any ACR besides the DMR, dealers are gouging big time. The regular versions of the ACR go for $1,300-1,700 nowadays.
View Quote
The ACR's a $1250 gun at best, and that's new.  Severe lack of 3rd party options, barrel replacements that are absurdly expensive, and weight all detract highly from its attractiveness.  Even $1300 is more than the gun's worth as Bushmaster sells it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#27]
$1,000 less than a 5.56 Scar and short barrels that cost half as much. Quit complaining. Just don't buy one, sheesh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top