Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 3:35:41 PM EDT
lol, my stamp just approved, and now sdtactical is out of the tube business.

Who are the gtg tube sellers now?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO DM is the best out there but is often out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
lol, my stamp just approved, and now sdtactical is out of the tube business.

Who are the gtg tube sellers now?
View Quote

No, they are not.
You just have to email them (with a copy of your approved form)  they will sell you one, and I believe I read they will now be engraving all tubes prior to shipping.

I have one SDTA tube, and no real complaints.  However I wish I would have known about DM back then, that's the way I will go from now on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, they are not.
You just have to email them (with a copy of your approved form)  they will sell you one, and I believe I read they will now be engraving all tubes prior to shipping.

I have one SDTA tube, and no real complaints.  However I wish I would have known about DM back then, that's the way I will go from now on.
View Quote
That's what they say, but they're not doing it.

I had my SDTA tubes in the shopping cart when they stopped selling them. I bought from crosshaircustom instead. My order from the end of february has just shipped, we'll see how it looks when it gets here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Next best thing to DM

Apogee tubes
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Superior Precision Concepts also.  Apogee is good to go, but you still ends from DM or SPC, so most people just get the complete tubes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Sdtactical is not selling tubes at this time.  Even after offering to send a copy of my stamp.

No tubes listed at superior precision concepts.

Looks like it's crosshaircustoms or diversified machine.

Anyone know where DM is located?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IMO DM is the best out there but is often out of stock.
View Quote
DM is the best out there and their stock has greatly improved the last few months, top quality and yes they run a little more than others.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sdtactical is not selling tubes at this time.  Even after offering to send a copy of my stamp.

No tubes listed at superior precision concepts.

Looks like it's crosshaircustoms or diversified machine.

Anyone know where DM is located?
View Quote
I was going to post the link and did a quick search for the url (Diversified Machine) and google returned this result;

This site may be hacked.

You can find him on the Form 1 Boards, may be the safest bet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was going to post the link and did a quick search for the url (Diversified Machine) and google returned this result;

This site may be hacked.

You can find him on the Form 1 Boards, may be the safest bet.
View Quote
You mean this site - http://diversifiedmachine.us
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You mean this site - http://diversifiedmachine.us
View Quote
Yes.  Google says it may be hacked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not getting any hits about DM being hacked. Looks good to me.

Side note DM is in Michigan. Guy that owns the place is really quick about returning emails and great and helping with questions. I just spoke with him 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]
DM has the cratus kits instock again.  I'm not sure if he has cones for them but there are a surplus of 1.347" cones on the market now due to raw tube SDTA/Apogee/CHC using having a larger ID in current stock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:36:33 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL. I'm about driving myself nuts trying to find a Ti tube that'll work with 1.37" OD cups. DM is the only vendor I've found that makes them, but of course they're out of stock. Found another vendor that has Ti tubes that are 1.369" ID. And Apogee's are 1.35" ID.

Am I looking at everything wrong, or is there no standardization of sizes happening here? I could pick up a few Al kits, but the stories I've read about Al tubes turning into grenades has me kinda not too interested.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LOL. I'm about driving myself nuts trying to find a Ti tube that'll work with 1.37" OD cups. DM is the only vendor I've found that makes them, but of course they're out of stock. Found another vendor that has Ti tubes that are 1.369" ID. And Apogee's are 1.35" ID.

Am I looking at everything wrong, or is there no standardization of sizes happening here? I could pick up a few Al kits, but the stories I've read about Al tubes turning into grenades has me kinda not too interested.
View Quote
Apogee is actually 1.367-1.369".  Everyone (except DM) is just taking tube off the shelf and cutting it to length and threading.  DM is boring the ID also, (and threading via single point on a lathe) which doubles the time (reason for the higher cost).  Apogee used to do this also (to 1.35") but they stopped also, which is why their tubes dropped in price so much.  There was a ti tube shortage and a bigger deviation was accepted.  I've seen the SDTA tubes from 1.347-1.369".  Everyone seems to have a stable stock of 1.367-1.369" for the time being.  SDTA's stock is this ID also now, although they are not be sold to public.  Apogee used to except custom orders when they were boring the ID, they may be willing to do that still.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
What is an acceptable ID/OD deviation for tubes/cups? Basic math tells me that a 1.35" ID tube won't work with a 1.37" OD cup. But what's too small for a 1.35" ID tube?

I'm just using those sizes as examples.

And not picking at c5hardtop, but Apogee sells quite a few Ti, carbon, and stainless tubes with a 1.35" ID.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is an acceptable ID/OD deviation for tubes/cups? Basic math tells me that a 1.35" ID tube won't work with a 1.37" OD cup. But what's too small for a 1.35" ID tube?

I'm just using those sizes as examples.

And not picking at c5hardtop, but Apogee sells quite a few Ti, carbon, and stainless tubes with a 1.35" ID.
View Quote
The people that are getting the Apogee Ti tubes that are listed at 1.35" on website are typically getting 1.367-1.369 tubes on arrival.  A .002-.003" difference is ideal.  Zmachine just came out with a 1.365" OD cone for the Apogee tubes.  The DM spacers for the 1.350" tubes are the closest.  The 1.347" cones will work in the Apogee Steel tubes, and DM Ti Cratus kits.  Most people are getting the tube first, then ordering cones. Every Steel Apogee tube I have seen had a machined ID to the spec they listed (1.35") as far as I know that is still the case (haven't seen one in a about year)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The people that are getting the Apogee Ti tubes that are listed at 1.35" on website are getting 1.367-1.369 tubes on arrival.  A .002-.003" difference is ideal.  Zmachine just came out with a 1.365" OD cone for the Apogee tubes.  The DM spacers for the 1.350" tubes are the closest.
View Quote
Interdasting. Thank you for clarifying that. I'm (probably obviously) not a machinist, but listing something at 1.35" and shipping product that's 0.012"+ different seems odd. Am I incorrect to think that way?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Interdasting. Thank you for clarifying that. I'm (probably obviously) not a machinist, but listing something at 1.35" and shipping product that's 0.012"+ different seems odd. Am I incorrect to think that way?
View Quote
They (and seems everyone else on the cheap end) switched Ti tube suppliers recently to get a consistent interior size.   Wonder why when they listed the new tubes (making a specific new item and everything) they didn't actually post the correct info.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you can get a tube that is an honest 1.369", you could always bust out the brake hone and get the cones to fit. Shouldn't take too much elbow grease and I wouldn't be worried about screwing up alignment by removing .001-.002 per side from the inside of the tube. If you don't have a brake hone they are super cheap. Like $10-$15 at autozone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top