Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2013 3:39:06 PM EDT
I just bought my daughter a 760 Pumpmaster and it won't pump up.  It's leaking air into the barrel while pumping.  Verified by sticking the muzzle in a glass of water and pumping.  Tried calling the customer service number but they're closed on Sundays.  Am I missing something or is this one a dud?  I figure it must have a problem with a seal somewhere, but I don't want to take it apart since I just took it out of the packaging.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Several of my airguns wont charge up if bolt is in wrong position.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy her a 10/22
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy her a 10/22
View Quote

Didn't have that large of a gift card.  I like the cut of your jib though.

Link Posted: 12/29/2013 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Several of my airguns wont charge up if bolt is in wrong position.
View Quote

I've tried it open and closed.  No dice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's brand new, take the sucker back to the store and get another one off the shelf.  No reason to screw around with it if its DOA.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#6]
brand new - just return it.  That said, try cocking it before you pump.  Likewise blow a few shots out of it.  Could be some junk in the valve.  Likewise, if the spring that closes the exhaust of the valve is light (it is not really needed, and ultimately hurts output), the hammer spring can wedge it open if the gun is not cocked first.

Yes, I know the instructions say to pump then cock - that is lawyers talking.

If you are stuck with it, not hard to pull the valve and clean it out - just not worth it if you can exchange it.

You need a punch to remove the roll pin, and you will probably need to make a tool to open the valve (I took some 1x2 and drilled a hole the size of the valve (I put the hole about 2" from the end, with a longer peice solid for a handle).  I split the hole on the short end with a table saw, then put a bolt through the split (so I could tighten the hole a bit.  Put one on each side of the valve - tighten your home made wooden valve clamp - and unscrew the body of the valve to get the gunk out.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info.  They didn't have another one in stock for exchange (it's the pink one) so I ordered another online and returned it.  Hopefully the next one will work.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have done several of those in 760's. They were the older metal receiver with brass bolt guns.  Not too hard but it should not be like that out of the boxl
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
You might try a couple of drops of Pelloil. Could be you just have a dried seal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top