Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2013 8:27:36 AM EDT
Hey guys, a buddy of mine has a mini-30 he bought new (unknown build date) it's been flawless, up to the point he acquired a Ruger brand 20 round magazine. Then he started having the following major malf.

He says that with the 20rd mag  about 2-3 rounds into the mag it will consistently blow the trigger group out of the bottom of the rifle!!!

I haven't witnessed this, but I believe him. And he say's it ONLY happens with a Ruger brand 20 rd mag. his 5 and 30rd mags do fine.

Now, I have never owned, or even shot a mini-30 so I didn't know this was a possible malfunction.

Any thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks,

Ruckus
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Bend the trigger guard for a tighter fit.

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The Mini-30 is nothing but a flaw.
Even when Mini's cost <$200 they weren't worth crap.

I owned a Mini-14, paid less then <$170 NIB, but it was a POS.  Buddy of mine bought a Mini-30, against my advice.  Even bigger POS.  And after shooting it he agreed.

I sold mine off years and years ago and can't say how happy I was to see it go.

But that said, do as the guy suggested, re-bend the trigger guard to tighten it back up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help TF.

We'll give it a try and see how that works.

Ruckus
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I had that happen. Sent it back. When it came back the note said the headspace was short and the increased pressure was doing that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had that happen. Sent it back. When it came back the note said the headspace was short and the increased pressure was doing that.

I would call Ruger and ask about this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top