Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 1:36:35 PM EDT
I saw one of the new Mini 30 the other day and it felt good.  What kind of mags are available for the rifle?  Can surplus be shot through it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ruger makes factory 20 round magazines for it, which are generally considered the best.  It shoot hell out of Yugo surplus, which is very cheap brass cased surplus, but slightly corrosive.  Gets mixed reviews on steel cased Wolf.  Hell of a good rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
I was trying to make my mind up if I want one of the Mini30 or an AKM.  It would more than likely only be a range gun but fun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both a Mini 30 tactical and a side-folding AKM.  I shoot the Ruger more often.  Sights are way better, scope is easily attached with the factory rings and it's much like shooting my M1A.  That being said, if I was doomed to wander the post-apocalyptic wastelands, I'd want the AKM.

Range toy?  I like the Ruger.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
I think the AKM wins again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top