Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 8:39:11 PM EDT
Hello everyone.

I just submitted 3 efiled Forms 1 yesterday - first time doing this.

I’ll be sending the prints and cover letters to ATF tomorrow.

My concern is I noticed that I misspelled the city of the trust and city of the responsible person on each of the three Forms 5320.23. Is this a major issue? It is spelled correctly on the Form 1. Can I upload a corrected Form 5320.23 before my prints arrive and enclose a note with my cover sheet and prints?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
As I understand it corrections are verboten. You’ll have to cancel and resubmit, and yes that means paying another $200 and waiting 2-4 weeks for the refund on the cancelled application.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Should I hold off sending my prints and just have them reject my app and then resubmit with the corrected forms and send my prints with a new cover sheet?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I noticed an error on an RPQ for one I did earlier this year. I’d reused a previous RPQ and forgot to change the check box from Form 4 to Form 1. The reality is it shouldn’t have made any difference. Everything related to the RP was accurate.

I immediately sent an email to ask if it matter. I’d even considered not mentioning it and just seeing what happened. I finally got an answer back almost a month later, and was told I could upload a second (correct) copy of the form. Which I did. And was approved.
View Quote

@BigWaylon

Thanks. I read you post that in a different thread while doing some research. I didn’t see many other people with similar stories so I’m wondering how common this is or if you just got a nice examiner.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent my prints off with the cover sheet and a small note. The note informs the examiner of a spelling error on the Form 5320.23 and that a corrected 5320.23 has been uploaded to the Eform portal.

I'll update this thread when my 3 Form 1s either get approved or rejected.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude! If only I'd seen this earlier...

If they disapprove for any reason, you'll have to re-do prints.

You'll have to go through the whole process over again and wait for a refund on the first ones you sent.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You'll have to go through the whole process over again and wait for a refund on the first ones you sent.

View Quote

Well, shit.

I guess we'll see what happens. This whole process sucks donkey dick.

I have read that in certain cases after a resubmission, you can email the examiner the new application control number and they will transfer your prints.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, shit.

I have read that in certain cases after a resubmission, you can email the examiner the new application control number and they will transfer your prints.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, shit.

Well, fingers crossed... But this IS the Gov'ment after all... If it goes through, I'll be shocked.

Also, (If you didn't know) and just an FYI - You can submit multiple F1's at the same time with only 1 set of fingerprint cards.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, fingers crossed... But this IS the Gov'ment after all... If it goes through, I'll be shocked.

Also, (If you didn't know) and just an FYI - You can submit multiple F1's at the same time with only 1 set of fingerprint cards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, shit.

@Johnny_Longslide

Yeah, I know. I work with the IRS :-(

I've seen conflicting answers regarding submitting one set of prints with multiple Form 1s. Have you done it before?

I actually haven't sent the prints yet. Girlfriend was going to do it this afternoon while I'm working. Should I hold off and cancel my applications and then just resubmit and wait for my refunds?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Johnny_Longslide

I've seen conflicting answers regarding submitting one set of prints with multiple Form 1s. Have you done it before?

I actually haven't sent the prints yet. Girlfriend was going to do it this afternoon while I'm working. Should I hold off and cancel my applications and then just resubmit and wait for my refunds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, shit.

@Johnny_Longslide

@VGuitargod1985

IRS!! Oh god!

I usually send in multiple F1's with one set of prints and I do it for that reason alone. I've personally never had an issue.

Man, tough call. It could work out... Or it couldn't.

I would cancel the current ones, you'll get your refund eventually, and resubmit. You're out a few hundo's for the time being.

Form 1's have been going through fairy quickly as of late

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@VGuitargod1985

IRS!! Oh god!

I usually send in multiple F1's with one set of prints and I do it for that reason alone. I've personally never had an issue.

I would cancel the current ones, you'll get your refund eventually, and resubmit. You're out a few hundo's for the time being.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, shit.

@Johnny_Longslide

@VGuitargod1985

IRS!! Oh god!

One more question. @Johnny_Longslide

The manufacturer name on my Form 1 from the drop down menu only shows the manufacturer and the country, not the address and city/state. My Form 23 I've listed the manufacturer and full address. Is this a problem?

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The manufacturer name on my Form 1 from the drop down menu only shows the manufacturer and the country, not the address and city/state. My Form 23 I've listed the manufacturer and full address. Is this a problem?

View Quote

What are you SBR'ing?

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What are you SBR'ing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you SBR'ing?

@Johnny_Longslide

CMMG Banshee
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 Micro
Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Johnny_Longslide

CMMG Banshee
Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you SBR'ing?

@Johnny_Longslide

CMMG Banshee
Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW

So, all those should autofill on the Form. You don't need to input address. Should be Manufacturer and Country.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#15]
They did autofill on the Eform 1, but I had to manually fill out Form 23 (responsible person questionnaire) and in that space i listed the full address.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah, that should be fine and honestly, Manufacturer and Country would suffice, but I'd have to research that.

Quick preliminary search yields that box 4b should match exactly what is in box 4a of the Form 1.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#17]
@Johnny_Longslide

Thanks so much for all your help, man.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@Johnny_Longslide

Thanks so much for all your help, man.

View Quote

Thank me after everything gets "Approved"... lol

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Shouldn’t be a problem, but completely unnecessary.

Use the info engraved on the firearm. Manufacturer name plus city/state in most cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn’t be a problem, but completely unnecessary.

Use the info engraved on the firearm. Manufacturer name plus city/state in most cases.

Thanks.

I appreciate the help. I wish I'd read your guide thoroughly before submission.

This will be a learning experience if they don't go through. At least we're not talking about Form 4s here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks.

I appreciate the help. I wish I'd read your guide thoroughly before submission.

This will be a learning experience if they don't go through. At least we're not talking about Form 4s here.
View Quote

What guide?? Link please??
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#23]
My story was I misspelled my trust name on the eform, emailed the help line and they said they’d disapprove but please resubmit, when I did that I emailed Clutter and got an insta-approval. Pretty sure they don’t do that any more.

F1 M2 SBS Approved DateBlock by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My story was I misspelled my trust name on the eform, emailed the help line and they said they’d disapprove but please resubmit, when I did that I emailed Clutter and got an insta-approval. Pretty sure they don’t do that any more.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1553/24654877434_12df2420b1_b.jpgF1 M2 SBS Approved DateBlock by FredMan, on Flickr
View Quote

Ted was GREAT! He approved all my forms in a timely matter and was reachable by phone as well
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Have a related question to this…

How soon after you fill out and submit the form 1 do you get the email with the cover sheet to send in your prints?

I filled out my first on 6/24 but haven’t gotten any word on sending in my prints. Of course my card was charged immediately…
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How soon after you fill out and submit the form 1 do you get the email with the cover sheet to send in your prints?

I filled out my first on 6/24 but haven’t gotten any word on sending in my prints. Of course my card was charged immediately…
View Quote

I did efile form 1 and received the cover letter and the "submitted" copy within a few minutes for the last two times. Approval was exactly 3 weeks
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I did efile form 1 and received the cover letter and the "submitted" copy within a few minutes for the last two times. Approval was exactly 3 weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I just checked and I did get an email with an attachment but my stupid iPhone won’t let me open it. I just checked on my laptop and sure enough it has the cover letter and application.

I take it since 10 business days has passed I need to do it all over again?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Have a related question to this

I filled out my first on 6/24 but haven't gotten any word on sending in my prints. Of course my card was charged immediately
View Quote

Your should've received it fairly soon after.

If you haven't received the email, check your spam.

If it's in there... unfortunately it doesn't matter because you only have 10 days after submitting to get your prints to them.

You're well past the 10 day limit.

Might need to contact them for guidance or cancel your current one, get your refund and re-submit.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Your should've received it fairly soon after.

If you haven't received the email, check your spam.

If it's in there... unfortunately it doesn't matter because you only have 10 days after submitting to get your prints to them.

You're well past the 10 day limit.

Might need to contact them for guidance or cancel your current one, get your refund and re-submit.

View Quote

Thanks. I did find the attachment in the email but you’re right, I’m way past the 10 days. I’ll try giving them a call tomorrow and see how to cancel and start over.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Send it. The only person I know of that got denied for no print cards wasn’t denied until the 60-day mark.

In the future, you can still view/print from your phone. When you get the email it doesn’t show the attachment, as you found out. But if you log into webmail using a browser, you’ll see it. Don’t have to use a laptop/desktop.
View Quote

I called the NFA number today and the lady I spoke with said go ahead and send it in, they were allowing up to 45 days past. Going to drop them off after work!

Thanks for the tip about opening the attachment. Worked perfect.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#32]
My Form 1s were approved last week.

It did seem as if it took an inordinately long period of time. I saw a lot of people getting approved in 2-3 weeks’ time.

Now I need to find the time to change the SBRs to their new configurations.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My Form 1s were approved last week.

It did seem as if it took an inordinately long period of time. I saw a lot of people getting approved in 2-3 weeks’ time.

Now I need to find the time to change the SBRs to their new configurations.
View Quote

Awesome!

Just a note on submitting multiple Form 1 applications under one set of finger print cards.  You likely don’t have to do this, but I found it’s helpful to attach your own cover letter (in addition to the NFA ATF pre printed cover letters you get by email) with both control numbers listed and explaining you’re submitting one set for two or more Form 1 applications.  It’s not needed but I’m of the mindset if it can’t hurt, do it.  Especially with the NFA process.

Also pro tip, I usually save templates of all this shit and just update the date, firearm details etc after confirming it’s still the most recent 5320.23 RPQ form available.  Seems to cut down on potential errors on future forms
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top