Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/14/2019 10:09:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: texassooner]
I read a few reviews about this guy’s work and decided to give him a try.  The price was right.  He turned them around in a night (delivered to him around 3p and in the mail back to me the next morning).  The PTR I asked him to do it in a place that was discreet and he knocked it out of the park.  I’ll be using this guy going forward.

Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They do great work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well in that case I have to apologize.  Teri does an excellent job.  She will be getting my business going forward.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
THSF is good people. Highly recommend for engravings and buying cool stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I drove to their shop one day for my sbr and sbs.
Teri engraved in about 10 minutes and I was back on my way.
good people
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By triple6:
I drove to their shop one day for my sbr and sbs.
Teri engraved in about 10 minutes and I was back on my way.
good people
View Quote
That's what I've done both times. I wanted to see some layout options both times so I went in person to work with Teri to get the look I wanted. Scott handled three form 3/4 transfers for me as well. They have a well thought out shop, one heck of a fiber laser, and enough jewelry store/ bank grade vaults on hand to instill 100% confidence in there ability to do the job right and keep your gear well taken care of. They've also got a huge B&T inventory compared to just about every one else, along with plenty of suppressors to examine and buy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
They’re not far from me.

Had them do my Scorpion got to see the whole thing.

Really cool to see the laser in action.

Good people, good work, good price
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Good folks at THSF, I need to head down there and get my PAP M85 engraved soon!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
They've done all my AR lowers and 1 AK.  I am paranoid about shipping anything gun related so I just drive down from WV and wait while they do them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Terri engraved my Vz61 lower. Great job, fast and clean.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I do all of my engraving through them
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought my B&T TP9 from them and they engraved it free of charge. Outstanding work by whoever did it. Oh yeah they have great prices on B&T stuff as well. Definitely my go to source for all things B&T.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Another +1 for their excellent work and great CS.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
They're my go to. I always recommend them to people looking to engrave.  
I need to get to my next build so that I can send off another lower to them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, THSF rules! I order all my suppressors through them, and they have done my SBR engraving and paperwork for me too. Pretty soon I'm going to have to drag a couple more items down there for SBR/engraving.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#18]
How are you guys shipping your lowers to them? Using the FFL to ship at a reduced rate? Paying the crazy overnight shippings costs from UPS?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#19]
They have done all of mine and I’m always impressed
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ll be sending off a lower to them this week
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sogan:
How are you guys shipping your lowers to them? Using the FFL to ship at a reduced rate? Paying the crazy overnight shippings costs from UPS?
View Quote
I would like to know this too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Just sending UPS ground.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bwhited:

Just sending UPS ground.
View Quote
Did a little more research and this seems like the best option. UPS states that a handgun has to go overnight. A firearm just has to have confirmation and an adult signature.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Did a little more research and this seems like the best option. UPS states that a handgun has to go overnight. A firearm just has to have confirmation and an adult signature.
View Quote
FedEx ground all the times I’ve sent something to them. The same way I’ve sent suppressors in for work or repair to the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
TH told me to just send the ar lower usps.

I have a usps account and they’ve never lost a shipment

But I’m still debating using ups ground
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
THSF is good people. Highly recommend for engravings and buying cool stuff.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep. Great service. They've done great work for me. I like that they don't charge extra to do steel compared to aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#28]
They are a fantastic couple to do business with.  I’ve sent several people that way and never had one not leave happy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Sent a lower Friday. They received it mon, and I got it back today.

Excellent work and very fast. Will be my go to place.

Link Posted: 1/10/2020 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Unless you were looking for it, youd be hard pressed to find the engraving they did on my GHM9. Awesome work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
For my last batch, I put the broken down shotgun parts in a box and took it to the Post Office. Told the window clerk it was a double-barreled shotgun. She had no issues sending it out Priority Mail for me. Never mind that the parts were from different SxS shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Got one going out tomorrow for my first sbr
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By nlm23:
Got one going out tomorrow for my first sbr
View Quote
I'll be sending them my first SBR tomorrow as well!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I sent my ADM lower in to THSF this morning, I'm already excited for it to come back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#35]
My lower was delivered to THSF at ~15:15 on 1/24/20, and I just got a notification that it's completed and packaged up to head back to me at ~10:15 1/25/20 (saturday). They're working harder than I am!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Another vote of confidence for THSF.  They do a great job at a terrific price.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Got my lower back last night. Less than a week round trip from ND to NC and back.

I had them do the engraving in the trigger area so it's a bit tricky to get a pic.

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:30:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hands_First] [#38]
View Quote
You can send a long gun USPS as long as it's going to an FFL, costs the same as anything else the same size/weight (plus insurance). Box it up with no gun related markings on the outside, take it to the PO. If it's going to a gun shop, I alter the name a little (IE; Bud's Gun Shop would be just "Bud's").
Some folks sweat a PO worker stealing it but, it's highly unlikely a PO worker is going to risk time in the Federal Hooscow over a gun. Theft of mail is a federal offense. Things get lost in the mail, usually from sloppy packaging disintegrating while moving through sorting machines (Item falls from damaged package, package goes on without it), but theft? Not very likely. Pack it like a robot is sorting the mail (they do) and it will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Hands_First:
You can send a long gun USPS as long as it's going to an FFL, costs the same as anything else the same size/weight (plus insurance). Box it up with no gun related markings on the outside, take it to the PO. If it's going to a gun shop, I alter the name a little (IE; Bud's Gun Shop would be just "Bud's").
Some folks sweat a PO worker stealing it but, it's highly unlikely a PO worker is going to risk time in the Federal Hooscow over a gun. Theft of mail is a federal offense. Things get lost in the mail, usually from sloppy packaging disintegrating while moving through sorting machines (Item falls from damaged package, package goes on without it), but theft? Not very likely. Pack it like a robot is sorting the mail (they do) and it will be fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I put my lower in flat rate box with a ton of leftover packing material from Amazon, then shipped it two day with tracking. I did abbreviate Tar Heel State Firearms down to THSF on the package though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

I put my lower in flat rate box with a ton of leftover packing material from Amazon, then shipped it two day with tracking. I did abbreviate Tar Heel State Firearms down to THSF on the package though.
View Quote
I shipped mine in a small flat rate box in the bubble wrap pouch it came in.

THSF As the name as well
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hands_First] [#42]
Originally Posted By M4-AR:

THSF As the name as well
View All Quotes

THSF As the name as well

The problem with flat rate boxes is, your basically subsidizing the guy who uses the same box to ship a lead ingot. Depending on where it's going, it's usually cheaper to send something small in a similar sized box priority. Might save you a buck or two. ;)
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#43]

The problem with flat rate boxes is, your basically subsidizing the guy who uses the same box to ship a lead ingot. Depending on where it's going, it's usually cheaper to send something small in a similar sized box priority. Might save you a buck or two. ;)
View Quote
USPS account.

Pay, pack, ship from my house. Boxes are free
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

THSF As the name as well

Not a bad thought.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I just sent them five items to engrave 4 lowers and a cut down Remington 700. The engraving is perfect, they get the job done and returned fast and most important to me is they are trustworthy. Oh and the price for engraving is very reasonable also.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Rrr72:
I just sent them five items to engrave 4 lowers and a cut down Remington 700. The engraving is perfect, they get the job done and returned fast and most important to me is they are trustworthy. Oh and the price for engraving is very reasonable also.
View Quote
Agree.  I was just there this morning for an SBR engraving. They were kind enough to fit me in before they even opened!  Great folks, great service, great prices. Can’t be beat, I’d use them if I lived across the country.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I just sent them 4 more items to engrave and even with all the gun related stores being so busy they had them engraved and I received them back within one week. I even had a bit of a strange request, I needed the trust info engraved part above and part below the serial number so it would be visible after being installed in a zk-22 bullpup stock. It came out perfect.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I've had THSF engrave all of my SBRs.

Have a SBS and SBR going out to them soon.  Great company.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent a lower Friday. They received it mon, and I got it back today.

Excellent work and very fast. Will be my go to place.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/38811/3D3424BC-0E2F-4847-A9EB-99C60C3F2EEB-1227685.jpg
View Quote

They did my Noveske Gen2 lower in the same spot, came out wonderfully done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Agreed. They've engraved almost every one of my NFA items. I won't even consider anyone else.

Their Form 1 end cap engraving is absolutely phenomenal. They do things I didn't even know was possible.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top