Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 9:49:59 PM EDT
Getting ready to file a form 1 on this little bugger. I have a spectre II on the way. Is there any subsonic ammo that'll cycle the action with the suppressor on? Or, can I cut it to about 10" and have bulk box stay subsonic?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want bulk box to stay subsonic the barrel needs to be cut to around 4.5".  Regarding subs, it depends on the gun.  My 10/22 will cycle Remington and CCI subs and my friend's will not.  If you are interested in feeding the gun a consistent load of subsonics, an aftermarket bolt handle with a reduced power recoil spring may be the ticket for reliable operation.

I have THIS kit from Kidd and it works well.  It comes with  +10%, standard and -10% recoil springs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a 5.5" non take down model and everything thru it stays subsonic. cycles reliably with all ammo I have tried. gets picky with suppressor off, but when would u ever shoot it unsuppressed!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top