Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2016 2:02:00 AM EDT
I found a milled Yugo M92 SBR. I was wondering, if I had it sent to my FFL, could I have the FFL's in house gunsmith blind pin a barrel extension on and transfer it to me as a regular long gun?

ETA: Seller refuses to blind pin an extension for me. I was told it'd be $200 to transfer from seller's FFL to mine, then another $200 if I wanted to F4 it to me. Is this true?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Once an item is out of NFA configuration, it's no longer regulated as such. I think that it could be transferred to you with the extension on there like a regular long gun.

But to remove that extension, you'd have to file a form 1.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
May I ask a stupid newbie question?

What makes the Yugo M92 SBR worth the extra hassle involved? No longer imported or something? Insanely good price that makes up for the transfer taxes?

Unless the item is rare or a crazy good price, it sounds like you should just walk away. Seller doesn't want to un-SBR it you don't wanna pay for two transfers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May I ask a stupid newbie question?

What makes the Yugo M92 SBR worth the extra hassle involved? No longer imported or something? Insanely good price that makes up for the transfer taxes?

Unless the item is rare or a crazy good price, it sounds like you should just walk away. Seller doesn't want to un-SBR it you don't wanna pay for two transfers.
View Quote

It's not rare, nor is it highly sought after because they started importing these guns as pistols for I think 3 years now.

This particular gun was built on a virgin parts kit ($800-1000 value) on a rewelded milled receiver ($500ish) and has never been fired. Guy wants to trade me for $300 + a firearm receiver I bought for $174 in 2009 (IDK current value).

The price is right, but if I can't get away from tax stamps, then the price might not be so great.

I have 5 M92s already, but I just wanted one more to round out the collection. This top gun is an M92

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I found a milled Yugo M92 SBR. I was wondering, if I had it sent to my FFL, could I have the FFL's in house gunsmith blind pin a barrel extension on and transfer it to me as a regular long gun?
View Quote

Correct.

Quoted:
ETA: Seller refuses to blind pin an extension for me. I was told it'd be $200 to transfer from seller's FFL to mine, then another $200 if I wanted to F4 it to me. Is this true?
View Quote

No it is not true. He can send it to the gunsmith tax free so your FFL can pin the extension on it. The it is Title I and can be xferred to you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it matter that the gunsmith is in a different state?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does it matter that the gunsmith is in a different state?
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet Jesus, you just saved me $200!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you owe RenegadeX a bottle of whisky.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like you owe RenegadeX a bottle of whisky.
View Quote

No thanks, last time I was offered a gift I was banned as moderator. Next time, it might be a pemaban!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top