Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:47:30 AM EDT
I am putting together a parts list for my Form-1 build. I am going to do a 300 BLK and also a 308 and I guess I will short barrel it too while I am at it. I am going to add a Gemtech ONE later after I recover form the first out lay. (Caliber Rated: 300WM (24" or longer barrel), 7.62, .308, 5.56 (7.5" or longer)) since it will run both calibers and much much more.

I am looking to put a Geissele SSAE in the 300BK I would welcome comments and suggestions on the trigger selection. Alas the 308 will have to live with a mil-spec to start with. Be going with a 8" 1-7 twist on the 300.

Also any problems or comments on putting a 10.5" on the 308?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I am looking to put a Geissele SSAE in the 300BK I would welcome comments and suggestions on the trigger selection. Alas the 308 will have to live with a mil-spec to start with. Be going with a 8" 1-7 twist on the 300.

View Quote

Trigger:  1st question is what do you plan to do with said rifle?  That will dictate the correct trigger.

308 SBR:  Blast.  Not as much of a problem if you run a can, just make sure it is rated for an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am putting together a parts list for my Form-1 build. I am going to do a 300 BLK and also a 308 and I guess I will short barrel it too while I am at it. I am going to add a Gemtech ONE later after I recover form the first out lay. (Caliber Rated: 300WM (24" or longer barrel), 7.62, .308, 5.56 (7.5" or longer)) since it will run both calibers and much much more.

View Quote

I can't come up with the data but I have read that you shouldn't go below 12.5" for a .308.  I was looking at SBR'ing my SCAR 17 at one point and that was the shortest recommended length.
Sure some people take their 5.56 below 10.3" and it shoots just fine so YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top