Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 5:17:11 PM EDT
I was at the local pawn shop today, and got to fondle a Rossi Ranch Hand. Previously, I'd pretty much dismissed them, with little or no thought. Today, however, I got to thinking that one of them, chambered in .357 Mag, with a stock from a Model 92 rifle, would make an interesting little package.

I've been contemplating picking up a lever-action .357 rifle to pair with my S&W 686. I've been torn between getting a Marlin or a Rossi, preferably in stainless steel, and preferably without the large loop. Now, after playing with the Ranch Hand, I'm rethinking my goal. Unfortunately, Rossi doesn't make the RH in stainless, and all of them come with the large loop. The finish isn't important to me, but I'd definitely prefer the smaller (or, a medium, if one exists) loop. I've been told that the Ranch Hand will accept stocks from a Model 92 rifle. Is that the case? Also, how easy / difficult is it to swap the loops on a Model 92?

So, has anybody done a Ranch Hand SBR, yet? If so, got any lessons learned for me? And, more importantly, got pictures?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go..............

SBR Rossi
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here ya go..............

SBR Rossi
View Quote

Yeah, that's pretty much what I want.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
at least here in AZ, I think most people are shooting these and pistol ARs by standing square to the target and using their shoulder, but you didn't hear it from me...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top