Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2013 10:11:57 PM EDT
I already have 3 non-AR SBRs, but now I want to SBR my Spikes Tactical lower.  The lower is on a ST-22 complete rifle, which is of course a dedicated .22LR.

When I fill out the Form I, do I put the caliber of the intended upper (5.56x45), or do I put the caliber listed on the receiver (.22LR)?  Also, what is the OAL for a 10.5in SBR AR?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The caliber of the firearm you intend to make, which appears to be 5.56mm
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. That's what I figured, but didn't want to set myself up for issues later.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you list caliber as multi?

I have a pistol lower that I use for an 11.5" .22lr and a 5.56 upper. I'm wanting to SBR a lower and switch around the uppers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a pistol lower that I use for an 11.5" .22lr and a 5.56 upper. I'm wanting to SBR a lower and switch around the uppers.
View Quote

Used to be able to, but not now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I am intending to SBR a lower that is stamped 5.56, but the short upper will be 300AAC.

What's the proper way to do this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#7]
List is as 300 AAC.  The caliber markings on the lower mean nothing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

No you cant list it as multi, but it doesnt make a differance.  Once your stamp is back you can switch uppers and calibers all you want.  An SBR is an SBR regarless of its setup.  And an AR doesnt have a permanent setup.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No you cant list it as multi, but it doesnt make a differance.  Once your stamp is back you can switch uppers and calibers all you want.  An SBR is an SBR regarless of its setup.  And an AR doesnt have a permanent setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man, that's what I was hoping for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top