Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2013 5:03:25 PM EDT
Can I apply for a form 1 to SBR a pistol before I have the pistol I intend to SBR in my possession.

I am waiting for the pistol I want to SBR it is on back order. I have the over all length and all the other dimensions.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, you need the serial number.
Even if you had what should be the serial number, it would be a bad idea because there could always be a mix up, then you would be out 6+ months of time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Even if you had what should be the serial number, it would be a bad idea because there could always be a mix up, then you would be out 6+ months of time.

I thought that i could use any serial number i wanted because i was manufacturing the firearm. I don't see how its be any different than me actually milling my own stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You are not manufacturing anything . your are not a sot manufacturer.

You are making.

That's the difference. And since the pistol is ready made. It must retain that serial number which then becomes part of the nfa as a SBR.

If you were making a gun from scratch the. You can use your own serial number just like if you were making a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You are not manufacturing anything . your are not a sot manufacturer.

You are making.

That's the difference. And since the pistol is ready made. It must retain that serial number which then becomes part of the nfa as a SBR.

If you were making a gun from scratch the. You can use your own serial number just like if you were making a suppressor.

Yeah i just saw that in another thread. That kinda makes me a little disappointed. I still have months waiting for my pistol and then the form 1 wait.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
You are not alone. I was in a custom group order of AR lowers. We had 'known' serial numbers.  I still had to wait until I have it in my possession before I can/will submit the paperwork.

Good luck! It sucks to be patient...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that i could use any serial number i wanted because i was manufacturing the firearm. I don't see how its be any different than me actually milling my own stuff.

Sure if you are using an 80% receiver.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Im just doing a form 1 on a masterpiece arms........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top