Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2012 6:39:10 PM EDT
Hey all, a buddy of mine just got one of these with the sole purpose of SBR'ing it. Problem is, from everything we've been able to find out the bbl is very very thin and may not be able to be cut and threaded. I read a couple of posts elsewhere saying there was possibly a 9" bbl being sold however nobody could give any concrete information on it? So can anybody shed any light on this subject? Can we have the bbl cut down after the Form 1 is approved or is there an aftermarket bbl out there?

Thanks,

Bravo
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]
i think most people buy the pistol then after getting stamp they mount the stock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You could call HKusa or Umarex (The actual manufacturer) and see if they will sell you the pistol barrel, or due the conversion for you as a "repair"

Or sell the rifle and buy a pistol version, and then add whatever stock you want.

If you are planning on running a suppressor, you can have the barrel converted to an integral suppressor, thus not requiring the SBR tax as long as the barrel and suppressor are 16" OAL.

This saves a tax stamp as you only have to pay the suppressor tax.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top