Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2012 1:19:30 PM EDT
Question,

We have been involved in a short sale for approx. 4 months. We just found out we got the new house but need to close in three weeks providing nothing falls through. I have an issue I was hoping for some guidance on....

I am in the process of another SBR. I submitted my Form 1's to my CLEO several weeks ago. I just got a call from my CLEO stated that they damaged one of my forms while they were scanning it, last time they destroyed a passport photo...I'm sensing a trend.

I was told by them that I needed to bring down another form for them to sign. The initial Forms have my current address on them.

My questions are:

Should I take the new form to my CLEO with my current address on it? Or since I am going down there anyway, should I start all over and submit new forms with the new address to my CLEO. Also, is it possible if I do put the current address on the forms that I can notify ATF of the move without it being an issue?

My concern is having the old address on the forms, getting the new house and not having mail forwarded beyond what the ATFs wait time is. I am also concerned that if I use the new address for my CLEO that something will fall through prior to close of escrow and be screwed that way.

Crappy timing I know, but what are tyour thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Im no expert at all, but I would use the current address if there is a chance that the new place will fall through.
I would think that notifying the ATF of an address change during an 8 month wait would be somewhat routine.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Pull your papers from your CLEO, form a trust, and send in your forms once you get into your new home.  You may have to wait a few weeks but it's going to be a whole lot more convenient.

CMS
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do not want to wait until you find out for sure if you are moving, I would use your current address just like any other legal document. As far as having a pending form while in the moving process, I am in the exact situation. I have a form 4 with a revocable trust pending since Feb 7 and am trying to buy a short sale in the same city I currently live. I called NFA branch and was told to submit a 5320 to my examiner after I actually move so that when they begin my paperwork, they will have my proper address.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what to tell you as far as handling it with the ATF, but if I were you I'd tell whatever CLEO you're using to just forget it, because he's obviously fucking you around. There is absolutely NO reason a Form 1 signature should take any longer than one week. If you're using your Chief of Police, take it to the Sheriff's office and leave it with his assistant instead. Sheriffs seem to like actually getting shit done over Chiefs of Police in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know what to tell you as far as handling it with the ATF, but if I were you I'd tell whatever CLEO you're using to just forget it, because he's obviously fucking you around. There is absolutely NO reason a Form 1 signature should take any longer than one week. If you're using your Chief of Police, take it to the Sheriff's office and leave it with his assistant instead. Sheriffs seem to like actually getting shit done over Chiefs of Police in my experience.

I'm using MCSO (Joe Arpio) I assume he's pretty what with all the talk shows and law suits....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top