Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2011 6:58:22 PM EDT
So i want to SBR a T/C rifle so that I can have short 9mm and .45acp barrels made.  Do I SBR an Encore rifle and use contender pistol barrels? or encore pistol barrels?....or SBR Contender Rifle and use contender pistol barrels?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
encore uses encore and prohunter barrels. i like the bergerra (SP) barrels. i have a 10 inch .500 that i love. thinkin about a 10 inch .308.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The cheapest way is to buy the encore pistol in the caliber you want.....then SBR that and buy the stock for 60-70 bucks.  But you just dont see many in 45 or 9mm....or any other inherently subsonic round.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But you just dont see many in 45 or 9mm....or any other inherently subsonic round.

You can get custom barrels in just about any caliber you want.  For factory offerings, .357 and .44 work, shooting Specials through either for subsonic ammo.  I found the POI shift to be extreme when shooting .44 Mag or Spl. suppressed vs. unsuppressed.  I eventually sold that barrel.  .300 Whisper works very well, and I keep thinking I need either a 9mm or a .357/.38 barrel.  

I did the Contender, starting with a pistol and then added the buttstock after the paperwork was approved.  If you're going for the least expensive, used original (pre-G2) Contenders can be had for a few hundred dollars.  I bought mine just before the switch to the G2, and the Encore was pretty new on the scene.  I've since found that there isn't all that much in the way of "factory" accessories for the Contender, but there is Encore stuff everywhere.  

However, there is still plenty of Contender stuff out there.  You just won't find it at your big-box sporting goods stores like Cabelas.  (I did get a smoking deal on a used old-style Contender frame there once.  Having more frames is always a good thing.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top