Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 12:34:06 PM EDT
I am looking to have my carrier from my PSA KS47 (7.62x39) drilled in the backend with a roll pin hole so I can try adding some weight to carrier in the hopes of increasing lock time, and preventing bolt from unlocking as quickly. I've tried posting this question to the official KS47 thread under the PSA industry sectionbut no response, so I thought I would ask here as well. I want to try to add the largest weight I can to it. So far I found a 4.5oz tungsten weight that KAK offers for 9mm, but they state can also be used for AR15 carries if hole and roll pin is added to carrier. A plus would be someone who makes custom weights in larger sizes (like 6 to 8oz) so I could experiment. If anyone has any input/suggestions I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
David Tubb used to sell carrier weight systems that drop right in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
David Tubb used to sell carrier weight systems that drop right in.
View Quote

Thanks. I actually test fitted some cmmg weights from one of my other rifles and they slide right in. Just need the hole properly drilled into carrier to line up and some roll pins to hold them in. Was hoping more people would chime in with recommendations for places to do this. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You could try ADCO, I'm not sure if they'd do it or not, but it would be the first place I'd check.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You could try ADCO, I'm not sure if they'd do it or not, but it would be the first place I'd check.
View Quote

Yeah I am thinking the same thing. Going to post up in their industry section. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Try Mad Machinist at Macon Armory, sounds just like something he would be able to help with...
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try Mad Machinist at Macon Armory, sounds just like something he would be able to help with...
View Quote

Will do seeing as ADCO was a no. Apparently they are only doing work that is on their listed services-was told no off menu work right now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You could try some local machine shops. After-all, you're just asking for a roll pin hole to be drilled through hardened steel. That's right up a machinist's alley. Just make sure you know exactly what you want and where you'd like it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You could try some local machine shops. After-all, you're just asking for a roll pin hole to be drilled through hardened steel. That's right up a machinist's alley. Just make sure you know exactly what you want and where you'd like it.
View Quote

Good idea. Just don't know any good local shops by me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you have a good local community college/trade school? Good place to ask around about local shops, or possibly doing it (don't tell them it's firearm related)

Also some areas have local "maker" shared resource type places that might be a good place to ask around.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that was a waste of time. Mad machinist didn't even respond to my message.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top