Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 3:04:12 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I've been in the process of selling my centerfire rifles and going over to rimfires. The main rimfire I plan on using is a PWS T-3 in a Bell & Carlson Odyssey 3-way stock. I attempted to put my barreled action into the stock today and ran into an issue:

The hole cut for the takedown screw is off-center. Since the stock has a Anschutz-style rail and the hole goes through it, I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

My first inclination (and preference) would be to send the stock off to Bell & Carlson, but this is actually my second stock from them, as the first would not even fit the receiver.

My second choice would be to send the rifle to a gunsmith who has worked on 10/22-style actions and can modify the stock to simply fit, but I don't know of any really good ones (and with what I have invested in this, I don't want to chance it to just anyone).

Does anyone here have some experience as to what can be done? Or can anyone recommend an a-class gunsmith who can fix this? I've included other photos of the rifle (sorry for the crappy iPhone quality). The receiver inletting is about perfect, which means that any further inletting to allow the receiver to move will result in a noticeable gap around the receiver.

Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Nashville, TN area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#3]
If you had the inclination you could refill the hole and install a new pillar and hole in the right location.

Speeling edited.  AeroE  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you had the inclination you could refill the whole and install a new pillar and hole in the right location.
View Quote

I'm not sure what a "whole" is.

Pillar bedding and redrilling would require drilling the rail as well, which I do not have the proper tools to do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pillar bedding and redrilling would require drilling the rail as well, which I do not have the proper tools to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you had the inclination you could refill the whole and install a new pillar and hole in the right location.

sorry "Hole" I was tired

but you can get this http://www.amazon.com/Northern-Industrial-Tools-Drill-Press/dp/B001DZNCLA/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1382974445&sr=8-12&keywords=drill+press

and this  http://www.amazon.com/Eurotool-VIS-265-00-Drill-Press-Vise/dp/B00787W0MO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1382974577&sr=8-5&keywords=drill+press+vise

and get it done.

for less then what a shop would probable charge to do it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top