Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:47:14 AM EDT
So, I stumbled into a Husqvarna Mauser-Action sporter that has my interest.  The receiver has been drilled and tapped by someone (not at the factory; one threaded hole is through the Husqvarna logo).  Anyway, how can I make sure that the drill/tap job was done properly?  I can't find any cracks in the receiver, but how do I know the holes are aligned properly?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Set it up on a mill dead level, center in on one of the holes and travel the table checking your center on each hole.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any way I can check it without using a mill?  I'm trying to decide whether or not to purchase it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
A fast way is just take a ruler and put one edge over all of the drilled holes so the ruler is aligned with them equaly. use the ruler to the right side of the holes. now eyeball the outside edge of the ruler so it is over the reciever rail that the extractor normaly lays over. The rulers edge should parallel the reciever rail perfectly where the wood runs along that rail edge. Now if the reciever was drilled on a forester jig with a straight barrel, it should line up fairly well. Sometimes you can get a little off with the holes if the barrel had a slight bend in it since the jig uses the barrel as its guide for the hole locations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top