Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 3:38:24 PM EDT
i will share a mod i did for the table on my mill ,, i'm pretty set in my ways about keeping a clean shop and
clean machines , anyway i took a old plastic gun case that one of my older Bushmaster came in
and cut it down in the bandsaw , it fits the table like a glove and protects it when not in use .

doesnt matter what size table you have you can find a case that will cover it cheap .

TS2

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]

That's a great idea; it looks like it grew there!

If you left any foam in it, just be aware that the foam will, over time, wick all the oil out of any steel it is in contact with, leading to surface corrosion.
I've seen several nice guns semi-ruined by having been stored for long periods in such cases by guys who thought they were protecting them to the fullest.
I think there may be some chemical, acid or some other element in the foam that can even expedite the corrosion process slightly.

Just an observation- no real proof...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I saw your thread over on PM or maybe another forum - I got a kick out of some of the comments trying to knock your idea.

The red-asses were at it again, eh?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you like your way covers?

I'm not sure if they keep things cleaner, or dirtier . . .
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I saw your thread over on PM or maybe another forum - I got a kick out of some of the comments trying to knock your idea.

Hello,

that's true to the saying a picture can tell a thousand stories to which each  story has a  different ending

here is  my shield that i use for the mill , i did post it on another site i'm on where a member were asking about how to control the chips .

i bought 3 cell phone antenna's that had the magnets for $3.00 at a garage sell ,
and i used 2 magnets so far one for a air supply line for the lathe to softly blow chips away from the workpiece and the other i used to make my chip shield for the mill , i used a faceshield for grinding metal , a piece of one inch aluminum
and a L ~ bracket that was in my misc tub . simple and does the job , another shield that you could use would be a helment shield for riding a motorcycle
i used that one first but like the taller faceshield better .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top